AuthorTopic: within similar specs which is best?  (Read 489 times)

Offline JimsMowing

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
within similar specs which is best?
« on: March 25, 2007, 11:17:15 »
I know this is quite an ambiguous question, but I was wondering with similar specs such as having diff locks, off road tyres, and a suspension lift what is better as an off roader?

I presume the defender will walk it but heres my list. Ranger Rover Classic, Discovery Mk1, Defender 90/110, Shogun, Land cruiser.

I have just been looking at the Shogun, and it looks quite good with a lift, A/T's and snorkel!

Offline Dave

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 11:43:13 »
If you say that you put the same stuff on all the motors then yes the a 90 would be best in most stuff. But it really does depend on what you want the motor to do :?: .
DAVE
MUD-CLUB MEMBER 333

Disco TDI 1998
 Disco TDI 1993    K333 MUD
 Disco TDI 1994
 90  N/A soon to be TDI 1993
 Series 3 1971
 R33 Skyline GTS-T

Offline JimsMowing

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 12:12:31 »
Ok I want decent rear load lugging ability, i.e with the seats folded down. It has to have decent ground clearance as std. Good towing ability. Decent 4x4 ability (green laning / fields) Gutsy engine....erm relatively comfortable to drive. Leccy windows is always a touch erm?? And my budget if isold my disco would be about £3k

Put it this way I have just been looking into the Toyota 4 Runner. Seems to tick a few boxes. Its a 3litre Turbo Diesel. Would paste the link from autotrader but you'll get up loads of motors!

Offline graham78

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 16:53:07 »
i have a toyota surf and i brought it with ATs on and i have been out in it, it has a pretty good ground clearance, i have the 2.4 and it gives me grunt and with the seats down i can lie in along side my wife, can comfortably seat 5 adults (i have managed six!!)

the 2.4 have head troubles so look to see if it has been done 3 ltr is similar to land cruiser, the 4-runner is the american equivelant same sort of deal,

www.hiluxsurf.co.uk would be a place to go and ask questions about the surf...

they also look nice lifted, the snorkel is a tuff one, as it is cheaper to make or to fit one one yourself, parts can be a bit touch and go there are some good suppliers around such as milners and roughtrax

hope this helps

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 19:15:15 »
discovery 300tdi or a rangie v8 auto on lpg :D

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline JimsMowing

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 23:45:46 »
Quote from: "graham78"
i have a toyota surf and i brought it with ATs on and i have been out in it, it has a pretty good ground clearance, i have the 2.4 and it gives me grunt and with the seats down i can lie in along side my wife, can comfortably seat 5 adults (i have managed six!!)

the 2.4 have head troubles so look to see if it has been done 3 ltr is similar to land cruiser, the 4-runner is the american equivelant same sort of deal,

www.hiluxsurf.co.uk would be a place to go and ask questions about the surf...

they also look nice lifted, the snorkel is a tuff one, as it is cheaper to make or to fit one one yourself, parts can be a bit touch and go there are some good suppliers around such as milners and roughtrax

hope this helps

Thats some good info thanks mate!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal