AuthorTopic: DAIHATSU SPORTRAK  (Read 6172 times)

Offline stuart23

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
DAIHATSU SPORTRAK
« on: March 10, 2007, 20:45:01 »
hi finking about getting a daihatsu sportrak does anybody know if they are any good off road
get down and dirty

Offline bronco

Attack Member
DAIHATSU SPORTRAK
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 15:51:06 »
Stick with ya zook :wink:

Offline Steven

Attack Member
DAIHATSU SPORTRAK
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 19:01:24 »
The fourtracks look better than the sport track and i bet the fourtracl is better as of the engine, tis 2.8 desile 8)

Offline thepsychoman

Attack Member
Re: DAIHATSU SPORTRAK
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:31:47 »
Quote from: "Suzuki23"
hi finking about getting a daihatsu sportrak does anybody know if they are any good off road

We ran one for a couple of years. Good little motor, nice to zoom about in and not bad as a laning machine, but the SJ is better as an out and out off roader. Would have one of these over a Vitara tho!

Depends what you want it for, really.

1600 engine gets very rattly at higher miles - anything over 80,000. Parts can be expensive, but there are some neat tricks - e.g. Fourtrak back springs are a straight swap, cheaper, and raise the ride height about 2 inches!

Watch for tin worm, especially in the back, under the carpets - some early ones are pretty ripe by now.
It aint what you drive its the way that you drive it...

Offline mill2020

Attack Member
  • Team 60 - Mac 4x4 2011,2012 & 2013
DAIHATSU SPORTRAK
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 23:04:30 »
The problem with most fourtrak's is they have normally worked very hard throughtout there life, and can be an ongoing project if you see what i mean.
If you manage to find a good one chances are it's reflected in the screen price. very good off road, but not really any better than a sportrak. The 2.8 diesel has plenty of tug if your towing, otherwise it's fairly lazy.
Both 4trak's and sporty's can be a rust hole true, then again that can be said for zuk's and landy's too!

Having owned both in the past it's hard to say, but id' go with a sporty, mainly cos you can get more motor for your money, and in better nick if you choose well. The 1.6 engine has way more omph than a vitara or a SJ. If you can go for a EFI model- more speed & more mpg.  I use to get between 25 & 30mpg from my sporty, depending on my right foot.

Other than that Daihatsu in general make some solid 4x4's and with a couple of mod's and some Mt tyres a outstanding little off roader for not much money.

Kind Regards

Phil

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
  • ...Pure as Belfast snow...
Re: DAIHATSU SPORTRAK
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 17:14:09 »
Quote from: "Suzuki23"

Got a FourTrak which is for sale first of all, PM for details.

Used it off road a few times, and both the ST and FT are pretty good. The only thing I know which is a problem is that if you fit extended shackles to the leafsprings then they can dig in and ground out in ruts or tree roots.

The 2.8 TD in mine is brilliant, compared to the Daihatsu, my Disco feels gutless.

Its only on AT tyres and I havent managed to get it stuck yet.

They are good for a bit of fun, and everything is pretty well protected as standard, fuel tank is tucked quite high up in the rear, steering arms are behind the front bumper and diffs are very solid.
J.D.
- - - -
'ASBO' - Blue Land Rover Recovery Discovery 200TDiS - LR GRAVEYARD OCCUPANT (RIP).
'Green Giant' - Scammel Crusader - WEEKEND WORK!
'Helga' - 2.0T Volvo V40 - BORING!
'Pheonix' - 1995 3.9 V8 Discovery soon to be converted to TDi. - FINISHED!

www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk
www.berkshire4x4response.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal