AuthorTopic: REAR SEAT BELTS !!!!!  (Read 4909 times)

SPIKEY

REAR SEAT BELTS !!!!!
« on: November 13, 2004, 23:19:50 »
A couple of weeks ago I tried to remove the 7 seat conversion from my car.
The belts had been fixed to the original mounting points, on the rear wheel arch.
When the spanner turned on the drivers side mounting point, a large metal plate with the captive seatbelt nut came out.

It has taken me 2 hours to weld the plate back in.

The problem is that the plate is under the rear wheelarch,with water and mud being thrown up to it so it will rust really quick.

If you have a R/R Classic, have a look under the rear wheelarches with a torch,or pull the small piece of carpet up inside the car.

You will be surprised how a thick metal plate is fixed to such a thin wheelarch.

Cheers,

SPIKEY.

Offline MUSKIE

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
REAR SEAT BELTS !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 09:24:05 »
that is a very common place for them to rot also check where the "C" post meets the wheel arch, that usually rots through aswell.

and to confirm this i looked at threee rangies yesterday a 1990,1991,1992  with the veiw of buying one of them the "c" post had rotted through on 2 and the sills were non existent on the other and worryingly it had 12 months ticket. buying a rangie is a mine field if you dont know what you are looking at.

i dont think thre are any nice classics about now :cry:

Offline RRC

Attack Member
REAR SEAT BELTS !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 10:52:35 »
I managed to get a nice Range Rover last month. Though it did take me 5 months to find one.
Used to own a Range Rover Vogue SE 3.9 1990

Offline MUSKIE

Attack Member
REAR SEAT BELTS !!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 18:11:23 »
Quote from: "RRC"
I managed to get a nice Range Rover last month. Though it did take me 5 months to find one.

persistence obviously paid off. :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal