AuthorTopic: Newbie with a Defender 90  (Read 1084 times)

Offline paddypower

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Newbie with a Defender 90
« on: February 24, 2007, 18:13:05 »
Hello from a newbie to your forum.  I’ve had a S111 for about 4 years and have just bought an ex military low mileage (40k miles)1991 Defender 90 2.5 N/A.  I have yet to download manuals, service etc so a bit of help to get me going would be appreciated.
Can someone tell me what would have been tied to the back door.  The middle diagonal line of  brackets and straps look as though could be for a shovel, but the straps above the door and the 2 brackets with a centre wing nut have got me beat.
The light switch has 6 positions, H.S.T./ST/T/OFF/CONV./S.CONV  Judging by what comes on H= headlight, S=stop lights, T=sidelights But nothing seems to happen with CONV and S.CONV just shows side lights. Can someone explain the system please.
The spare is mounted on the bonnet resting on 4 ‘doorstop’ mountings, with a centre circular ‘collar’ sitting on a middle peg with what I think should be 2 threaded spigots to bolt the  circular ‘collar’ down.  BUT 1 of my spigots appears to be blanked off is this right or has a securing bolt sheared off flush to the top?  At the moment I have only 1 bolt securing the wheel to the bonnet, its secure but I think it should have 2. I think I’ll go and bother the Defender forum now with some general questions……

Regards,  Paddy

Offline Pete

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
Newbie with a Defender 90
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 19:29:03 »
Welcome to the club.
 Lights are H S T head Side and Tail

S T  Side and Tail

T Tail lights only

Off  Speaks for itsel
f
                Conv  Convoy light only

S Conv Should give front side lights and Convoy light

It's worth noting that when convoy lights are on, brake lights shouldn't work.
 Convoy lights are often disabled when the vehicles are disposed of.  Single white light under the rear of the vehicle, usually shines on a white circular plate, or a white patch painted on the rear diff.

Kit usually attached would be  Spade, and Pick hande, with the Pick head mounted seperately.

Pete.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal