AuthorTopic: N/A Diesel  (Read 628 times)

Offline 90sam

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
N/A Diesel
« on: February 16, 2007, 20:46:34 »
Hey all,
Can anyone tell me abit more about the n/a diesel, are they easy to maintain and drive etc? whats the fuel consumption like? And i've heard that they are really slow so is there any way you can tune it to reach 70 and be a bit more bearable? Im thinking of upgrading to a tdi when the funds allow!

Offline lenrover

Attack Member
N/A Diesel
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 20:54:40 »
Just bear with it till funds allow for a tdi transplant

Offline Eightpot

Attack Member
N/A Diesel
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 00:01:22 »
Well, what they do, they do well.
My soft top 90 n/a will do 70-75mph on the motorway, though it is ex mod and is devoid of any trimmings to slow it down.  I have had it up to 85 downhill, and I wouldn't want to do it again.
Offroad they are very good - with no turbo and no lag, they absolutely will not stop - I've been in deep sand in Morocco up a 45 degree bank, going so slow you could hear each piston bang, but it would not stall.
They left the factory with 67bhp though, and by now most will be delivering a lot less, so long uphill motorway stretches or going over hills sees you constantly rowing your way through the gears to keep going.
I'm swapping for a tdi now, but I will give a hats off to my trusty old n/a - it has taken me across europe and parts of Africa, and I never doubted I would get home.
MPG has always been very good - over 30mpg.

I'll be bloody glad to get my new tdi in though...   \:D/

Offline Eightpot

Attack Member
N/A Diesel
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 00:02:31 »
Well, what they do, they do well.
My soft top 90 n/a will do 70-75mph on the motorway, though it is ex mod and is devoid of any trimmings to slow it down.  I have had it up to 85 downhill, and I wouldn't want to do it again.
Offroad they are very good - with no turbo and no lag, they absolutely will not stop - I've been in deep sand in Morocco up a 45 degree bank, going so slow you could hear each piston bang, but it would not stall.
They left the factory with 67bhp though, and by now most will be delivering a lot less, so long uphill motorway stretches or going over hills sees you constantly rowing your way through the gears to keep going.
I'm swapping for a tdi now, but I will give a hats off to my trusty old n/a - it has taken me across europe and parts of Africa, and I never doubted I would get home.
MPG has always been very good - over 30mpg.

I'll be bloody glad to get my new tdi in though...   \:D/  

By the way - turner engineering do a stage 3 head for the n/a, which I reckon would take it up to TD performance without the associated probs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal