AuthorTopic: XJ lift.  (Read 1148 times)

Offline cherokeegraham

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
XJ lift.
« on: February 16, 2007, 19:05:45 »
I have a Rocky Road 2" budget lift, but I got stuck while out laning at the weekend when I grounded the TC crossmember. My question is, can I add more spring spacers & a bigger axle block to get more lift without affecting the rest of the drivetrain? How high can I go? I don't have any money to spend, so I was planning on making my own spacers & blocks.
Jeep Cherokee 4.0 limited. 3-4" lift, 31" Super Swampers, safari snorkel, bonnet mounted Hi-Lift jack, rock sliders, diff guard, TC guard, , Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, roof mounted spots, extended braided brake line, Prothane suspension bushes, lots of MUD!!!

'61 Land Rover Series 2 88" Ex Military. x 2 (half share)

FoDRoW member.

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
XJ lift.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 21:26:22 »
Your posting in the wrong forum..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

RnR will save you :wink:
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline J66P

Attack Member
Re: XJ lift.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 21:54:07 »
Quote from: "cherokeegraham"
I have a Rocky Road 2" budget lift, but I got stuck while out laning at the weekend when I grounded the TC crossmember. My question is, can I add more spring spacers & a bigger axle block to get more lift without affecting the rest of the drivetrain? How high can I go? I don't have any money to spend, so I was planning on making my own spacers & blocks.
:idea:

I have got explorer 3 inch lift springs on front and 3 inch blocks on rear no transmission vibrations or anything, done several thousand miles now no problem, just fitted 31/10.5/15 Kumho KL71 tyres as well great clearance now and haven't been stuck yet????
Jeep Cherokee Ltd 4 litre on LPG, 4"+ lift, JKS Quick Disconnects, R/C Shockers, Insa Sahara's, Rusty's Engine and Transmission Skid, Warn Transfer Case Guard, Safari Snorkel, Safari Rack with HiLift Jack, Aussie rear locker, Power trax Front Locker, Hayden Tranny Cooler

SJ413, 3"lift, 6 point roll cage, Power Steered, 12000lbs winch, SU carb conversion, BFG MT's, Rear disc

Offline cherokeegraham

Attack Member
XJ lift.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:34:41 »
I keep being told to stay away from axle blocks. I have 1/2" blocks on mine, have you had any problems with spring wrap? If not I think I'll fit bigger blocks to mine, probably 1"-1 1/2". Thanks for the reply.

P.S.  any pics?
Jeep Cherokee 4.0 limited. 3-4" lift, 31" Super Swampers, safari snorkel, bonnet mounted Hi-Lift jack, rock sliders, diff guard, TC guard, , Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, roof mounted spots, extended braided brake line, Prothane suspension bushes, lots of MUD!!!

'61 Land Rover Series 2 88" Ex Military. x 2 (half share)

FoDRoW member.

Offline J66P

Attack Member
XJ lift.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 13:27:44 »
Quote from: "cherokeegraham"
I keep being told to stay away from axle blocks. I have 1/2" blocks on mine, have you had any problems with spring wrap? If not I think I'll fit bigger blocks to mine, probably 1"-1 1/2". Thanks for the reply.

P.S.  any pics?

No problem as of yet but this could be due to fitting an extra leaf in rear, I tow 4 wheel car trailor with Suzuki on just about all the time. I know they do suffer from spring warp quite bad anyway. the loading on the springs is the same because you just locate the block in the same place as you do the the axle mounting pad, can't understand why there should be anymore warp than is usual for Cherokee's, just make sure you extend the bump stop, I have done it half the amount of the blocks. This could lack the off road articultion but it depends what you want, you still get the extra travel but you get far better ground clearance, bigger tyres can be fitted and you get a better look.

I will get some pics posted for you later today.
Jeep Cherokee Ltd 4 litre on LPG, 4"+ lift, JKS Quick Disconnects, R/C Shockers, Insa Sahara's, Rusty's Engine and Transmission Skid, Warn Transfer Case Guard, Safari Snorkel, Safari Rack with HiLift Jack, Aussie rear locker, Power trax Front Locker, Hayden Tranny Cooler

SJ413, 3"lift, 6 point roll cage, Power Steered, 12000lbs winch, SU carb conversion, BFG MT's, Rear disc

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal