AuthorTopic: Winches and Bumpers......  (Read 461 times)

Offline DurtyDisco

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Winches and Bumpers......
« on: February 15, 2007, 18:02:16 »
I know its probably been said, but check the mounting dimensions of the winch and bumper.

A couple of years ago I bought a Ryder Retirever 9000i from a firm in Liverpool, and was enthusiastically informed it was based on the Warn 9000, it would fit any bumper..... to find it didnt even come close......

Took me 6 months to find a company that did make a bumper to fit the Ryder Retriever (which is actually a rebadged Come Up) and got the bumper I needed.

My thanks go out to Phil Gordon at PG Winches in Dorset, by the way they can overhaul most winches be they uk, us or asian..

My other comment is about Scorpion Racing, they are like most companies on the planet, they have some very very good kit, they have some mediocre kit and they have some not so good kit. Sometimes the customer service is good (when you standing in front of them in the shop!) and sometimes it leaves a bit to be desired!!

My advice is to shop around and buy what you need from the various places...... then stick with the suppliers who give you the best value add. Its not all about who is cheapest sometimes!!

My rear bumper  and detachable tow bar from Scorpion is fantastic quality, well made and fits like a glove and looks the dogs, but they sent the wrong recovery swivel boss, short one for the front bumper not the longer one for the back, forget to include the locking pin for the drop plate and took 5 weeks to deliver something that was supposedly in stock.......they fixed it in two days by sending the correct parts. Right 1st time would have been nice but sorted eventually, nuff said.

2008 Discovery 3 G4 Edition - Still grinning like a small child!

1996 Green 300TDi Commercial - Big Bird - Very
modified!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal