AuthorTopic: Interior lighting  (Read 338 times)

Offline muddyjames

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Interior lighting
« on: February 11, 2007, 16:09:04 »
My internal light doesnt work in the boot of my disco and it was a bit on the feeble side anyway when it did work!

I would like to install a light like this.

I have the choice of either 12v 8w, 13, 16w tubes. The 16w comes with 2 8w flourescent tubes.

Will the wiring for the internal light be up for the job of powering these? I plan on having 1 mounted on the roof above where the back door shuts.

Also would this be the best place to put it? It looks the easiest route to run the cable up to it but with shadows etc would I have a problem?

Also would it be possible to replace the light in the middle row of seats on the bit where the roof slopes up? Would 2 of these lights be too much for the wiring? Would 2 8w tubes in a single light fitting instead of 2 tubes in 1 light fitting be better and have them either side of the alpine lights?

Last thing I want is melting wires and a fire! :(

so in total I would like the front light to stay as it is, middle and rear lights to be 16w lights.

Your thoughts please?
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline Dr.Ed

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Interior lighting
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 20:43:56 »
hmm, from a brief look on internet i think existing lights are 6W - should be able to replace one with an 8W tube no problem. can always do a cunning relay driven supply off the 20A (240W) caravan feed.

was going to go for the fitting a light horizontally below the alpine light myself, you will end up with your head in your own light if you mount it above the rear door.
Ed Walker

"Real life is for those who can't handle Real Ale"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal