Offline VeryRandyRange

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Stereo
« on: February 09, 2007, 14:15:17 »
Hi guys
im new to this forum after selling my impreza and buying a P38.
It has the standard head unit in there with the nissan cd changer in boot but the radio is not working, it turns on and has 4 numbers written on there (1112) but does nothing else, no noises, wont let me press any buttons etc. the decode number shud be 4122, what shall i do? i only have 1 key so didnt wanna go disconnecting things incase i needed a diff key. ive been told i cant put another front cd player in as it isnt as simple as a plug in and play stereo.
please help, cheers.
VRR

Offline waveydavey

Attack Member
Stereo
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 17:56:44 »
How many times have you tried? That sounds like it could be a time out wait for the next code, most radios double teh waiting time every time taht you get it wrong.
P38 Range Rover (BMW !!!)
Off Road camping Trailer - SA Design
And a boat - if you can call QM2 a boat?

Offline VeryRandyRange

Attack Member
Stereo
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 23:07:18 »
i havent tried it myself, but i only brought the car last wkend so previous owner must have done it a lot, it was stil blocked this morning so i took the unit out, realised half the pins werent connected, took the fuse out, connected everything properly, put fuse back in, now its blank and its just waiting for me to put the code in but once again the system isnt letting me put numbers in, its stil frozen.....

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
Stereo
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 23:19:39 »
And you should be able to change out the stereo, should be standard connections on the back, if not you can get a conveter from halfrauds.

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline waveydavey

Attack Member
Stereo
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 01:06:59 »
Quote from: "BadgersRover"
And you should be able to change out the stereo, should be standard connections on the back, if not you can get a conveter from halfrauds.

Unfortunalty not that easy on this setup although there are a few posts about changing the head unit.

It still sounds like too many attempts, the problem at that is you need it with poer on for a very long time to get past the timeout, doubling each time gets very large very fast.
P38 Range Rover (BMW !!!)
Off Road camping Trailer - SA Design
And a boat - if you can call QM2 a boat?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal