AuthorTopic: 200 - 300 headlight change  (Read 626 times)

Offline winx

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
200 - 300 headlight change
« on: February 06, 2007, 23:50:01 »
I've bought the grill, trims and headlamps for my conversion, just looking for some clear indicators, can anyone reccomend the best place to buy?

Does anyone have cutting templates so I don't cut more than I have to?

And finally, I am in the progress of upgrading the wiring, current thoughts are 1 relay for main beam and 1 for dipped beam, I am fitting more powerful bulbs so don't want the wiring to melt!
Is there any sort of bulb failure warning on the 200tdi, I am tapping into the o's wiring to switch the relay, then new wiring to the bulbs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

AbyssDJ

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 23:51:56 »
i dont think theres any bulb warning... there isnt on my mothers 200 anyway.

Offline winx

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 23:52:27 »
ok cheers!

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
  • ...Pure as Belfast snow...
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 15:17:00 »
No bulb warning on my 200 either. There is an upgraded wiring kit you can buy which is pre wired and just needs connecting but I can't remember where you can buy it. Someone else might know
J.D.
- - - -
'ASBO' - Blue Land Rover Recovery Discovery 200TDiS - LR GRAVEYARD OCCUPANT (RIP).
'Green Giant' - Scammel Crusader - WEEKEND WORK!
'Helga' - 2.0T Volvo V40 - BORING!
'Pheonix' - 1995 3.9 V8 Discovery soon to be converted to TDi. - FINISHED!

www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk
www.berkshire4x4response.co.uk

ChrisW

Re: 200 - 300 headlight change
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 17:11:53 »
Quote from: "winx"
I've bought the grill, trims and headlamps for my conversion, just looking for some clear indicators, can anyone reccomend the best place to buy?

'That auction site' has plenty, be warned though, the one's I bought are not brilliantly waterproof (ok it was a v.deep ford) and the water has worn the silver paint off the back of the reflector.

Does anyone have cutting templates so I don't cut more than I have to?

Do you have the bulkhead sections for mounting the headlamps on to weld in? Only alternative is someone with a 300 you can borrow to measure, measure and measure again! Very tricky though I would have thought :?

And finally, I am in the progress of upgrading the wiring, current thoughts are 1 relay for main beam and 1 for dipped beam, I am fitting more powerful bulbs so don't want the wiring to melt!
Is there any sort of bulb failure warning on the 200tdi, I am tapping into the o's wiring to switch the relay, then new wiring to the bulbs.

That's how I've done it to 200's, saves the column switch burning out, delivers more voltage to the lamps too  :wink:
Just make sure your wiring is rated for the fuse/lamps you want to install.

Offline winx

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 22:23:49 »
Been looking on there as it is where I bought the lights and grills...  Will take the plungo tomorrow I think.

Measuring should hopefully be sorted, someone from the disco owners club has said they will send me the cutting templates, we shall see how I get on.  Whatever happened I would have had to buy new lamps and grills as the old ones were cracked and very much passed it.

Got all the wiring done this evening, just waiting for the relays and blocks to arrive in the morning to finally hook it all up.

Thanks for the help guys.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal