AuthorTopic: CB mounting in a series3  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Robbo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
CB mounting in a series3
« on: February 06, 2007, 22:20:16 »
Hi all,

Anyone got any pics on the best place to mount a CB in a series 3? or at least a good description please?

Cheers

Robbo
Daisy SWB series 3 station wagon, 1975 and pretty in mud

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 22:31:18 »
Hard top?  If it is, then probably it's best to mount the Ariel on the side of the vehicle or at the back on the guttering, while the CB Radio itself usually fits nicely on the dash somewhere.

Offline Pete

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 12:17:13 »
Had two series 2s with CB fitted.
 In both cases, I screwed the mounts to the bulkhead between the seats, handy for driver and passenger.
 Mounted the ariel to the front corner of the hard top.
 Pete.

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 12:21:07 »
I wish I could do the same with my CB Radio on my 2A, except it's got the later flat-type heater like a 6-pot with it being one of the last 2As.  :(

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
  • ...Pure as Belfast snow...
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 15:23:23 »
In my series III I mounted the CB on the bulkhead as well, next to the drivers seat and the mic had a handy clip on the edge of the removable panel in between the two seats where you didnt have to twist around the grab it.
J.D.
- - - -
'ASBO' - Blue Land Rover Recovery Discovery 200TDiS - LR GRAVEYARD OCCUPANT (RIP).
'Green Giant' - Scammel Crusader - WEEKEND WORK!
'Helga' - 2.0T Volvo V40 - BORING!
'Pheonix' - 1995 3.9 V8 Discovery soon to be converted to TDi. - FINISHED!

www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk
www.berkshire4x4response.co.uk

Offline Neil Jones

Attack Member
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 20:39:41 »
Mine is bolted to the roof, just infront of the passenger.  Next to my stereo!!  I'll get some pics if you are interested
The winter prepares the earth for the spring, so do afflictions sanctified prepare the soul for glory

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

1972 SWB Diesel
Parabolic Suspension
Capstan winch
Overdrive
Inertia seat belts
LR90 Doors
BFG MT's
CD Player stereo (mounted above passenger)
Snorkel
Axle breathers.

Next on are rock/tree sliders and a new lick of paint!

Offline Robbo

Attack Member
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:54:06 »
Quote from: "J.D."
In my series III I mounted the CB on the bulkhead as well, next to the drivers seat and the mic had a handy clip on the edge of the removable panel in between the two seats where you didnt have to twist around the grab it.

so what on the seatbox bit? or is the middle seat back missing? as mine still has three seats.
Robbo

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 13:41:18 »
Quote from: "Robbo"

so what on the seatbox bit? or is the middle seat back missing? as mine still has three seats.
Robbo

Ah, I put two Range Rover seats in mine as I have a slightly dodgy back and they made for a comfier ride. So yes, you could always take out the middle seat or just the seat back. No one will ever want to sit there as it is so uncomfy.
J.D.
- - - -
'ASBO' - Blue Land Rover Recovery Discovery 200TDiS - LR GRAVEYARD OCCUPANT (RIP).

Offline Robbo

Attack Member
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 15:35:00 »

Robbo

Ah, I put two Range Rover seats in mine as I have a slightly dodgy back and they made for a comfier ride. So yes, you could always take out the middle seat or just the seat back. No one will ever want to sit there as it is so uncomfy.

nah my kids love that position - well until my elbow goes up their nose when I change into second or fourth! :oops:

Offline J.D.

Attack Member
CB mounting in a series3
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 12:38:39 »

Robbo

nah my kids love that position - well until my elbow goes up their nose when I change into second or fourth! :oops:

LOL. You can always mount it on the same area the seat is mounted on - directly below the front edge of the seat iof you get what I mean. Behind the passengers legs.
J.D.
- - - -

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal