AuthorTopic: LandRover/RangeRover Help Wanted  (Read 5178 times)

olderebel

LandRover/RangeRover Help Wanted
« on: November 02, 2004, 18:26:31 »
I'm new to the scene, a couple of months ago i bought a landrover 2a 1969 off a policeman in Darlington, Yorkshire, with 11 monthe MOT and Taxed, i thought it was a good buy at £400 until i started knocking about with a bloke who does off roading, i've had to have a new dumb iron fitted, because the spring hanger was broke in half and the spring was not attached to the bodie, yet it was taken for MOT by the Policeman from Yorkshire, then other things started to happen, so now i have to do a lot of repairs to make it safe on the road, now i have bought a RangeRover fitted with a 2.5 BMW diesel engine in it , it just needs some welding done for the MOT, but i'm satisfied with it, it cost me £500 last saturday, and at least i know it needs work doing on it, not like my LandRover, wich i thought was perfect, i might need some help, so if there is anyone in the Wolverhampton area, get in touch, i find it difficult doing some things as i am partially disabled, ( Arthritus/Fibromyalgia/Asthma ) and could do with some help, anyway if anyone reads this, thanks for doing so, Fred. :oops:

Offline RR Paul

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: LandRover/RangeRover Help Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 19:05:45 »
Quote from: "olderebel"
not like my LandRover, wich i thought was perfect,

Theres no such thing!

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 19:23:27 »
Hi Fred,

Can't help in person, but any questions you have, don't be scared to ask on here... there is a wealth of knowledge among the mud-club members.

Best of luck
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline MUSKIE

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 21:12:27 »
sorry i know its hard but welcome to landrovering, it doesnt really get any easier, just when you thought you had finished another problem will rear its ugly head. :)

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 01:42:47 »
That's certainly true but don't ever let it get the better of you.  Like Muddyweb says, there's plenty of us around and I feel confident you should find a friend nearby.  I'd offer but it's not 'round the corner'.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal