AuthorTopic: long time no speak  (Read 657 times)

Offline ade666

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
long time no speak
« on: January 30, 2007, 19:39:47 »
hi all been a while since i've been on here but always kept an eye on proceedings. well just bought another disco 300tdi auto es for every day stuff and have a few questions. 1st egr is it as simple as blanking plate and intercooler hose. read so much in last few days head is ready to explode. also behind each head lamp is a wired up connector is it for spots and if so can  i wire some straight in.
"matilda" disco 300 tdi, blue, x9 special edtion, alisport intercooler and turbo upgrade, tomcat external cage, ome lift.

"ermintrude" disco 300tdi auto es

Offline rommelsraider973

Attack Member
New bits
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 23:36:10 »
Ade , have just fitted an EGR blanking plate. Mega easy mate , got a proper plate and gaskets off e-bay for £7.00 . Some people will say you can do it with bits of tin etc. Thats fine , my choice to buy the £7.00 one!

Only thing was that i found the bolts holding it in place were really tight!! A good spray of WD40 and it eased a bit! Careful if the engine is hot! Your right next to the manifold.

The wiring side i haven't got a clue but it does sound like connectors for lamps!!
300Tdi , Lightbar,K&N filter,safari snorkel,Bronco Roughriders(full set),C.B and a list as long as your arm!

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
long time no speak
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:53:06 »
I would put money on those being the headlight leveling connectors
--
Neil

Offline Darren

Attack Member
long time no speak
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 13:42:25 »
You can actually buy the EGR blanking plate from LR themselves for a £1.
Darren

"Life's too short for polish"

Offline skiprat

Attack Member
long time no speak
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 17:43:24 »
howdy,

it took me about 10 mins to fit mine including the top pipe. just make sure you give the hex bolts a good dousing with WD40 (other lubricants are available  :lol: ). well worth doing.

kris
dirt+water= MUD :-)

www.slroc.com

Offline ade666

Attack Member
long time no speak
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 18:34:02 »
thanks guys. once again mub club comes through
"matilda" disco 300 tdi, blue, x9 special edtion, alisport intercooler and turbo upgrade, tomcat external cage, ome lift.

"ermintrude" disco 300tdi auto es

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
long time no speak
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 20:00:45 »
Hi mate done mine on sunday took about 30mins with taking off intercooler top hose and giving it a good clean  :), as it was nearly blocked solid with c$&p :roll: .The guys are right the two allen key bolts that hold it to the manifold were VERY tight my advise and if i was to do it again would be to take it for a short run first to heat up the manifold and if your careful these will come off no problem  :D .I got x2 blanking plates from ebay as i wanted to remove the egr altogether, i used the old gaskets ( bargain)  :D and just blanked off the vac pipe with a self tapper screw hpoe this helps
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal