AuthorTopic: 110 shudder when cold  (Read 959 times)

Offline sleepy straven

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
110 shudder when cold
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:28:53 »
Any ideas on why my 110 TD5 has a slight shudder when it is cold and you pull away in 1st. There isn't a clunk or any noise?
had a 90 hard top till it fell on it's head. Now have a 110 CSW

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
110 shudder when cold
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 13:15:41 »
Could be the handbrake shoes sticking on slightly or the linkage sticking
Either leave it parked overnight in gear with no handbrake on or reverse first before moving forward and see if it still does it
If it doesn't then just pop the drum off and give the whole handbrake system a good clean - have you been playing in mud/water with it lately ? this can gunge it up too
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

Offline sleepy straven

Attack Member
110 shudder when cold
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 15:24:51 »
Not been in the mud but will give your idea a go and see what happens

Offline 96Disco

Attack Member
110 shudder when cold
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:00:21 »
Sleepy, from your description my '02 110 does the same, unfortunately I've no idea why either.  I've backed off and cleaned up the handbrake, and checked the clutch and drivetrain, but can't find a cause.

Interested to hear any suggestions too.

Phil.

Offline sleepy straven

Attack Member
110 shudder when cold
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 12:43:05 »
HI Phil
I tried the handbrake thing too but to no avail. I am beginning to think that it is a fuel thing and poss within the few brain cells that the black box holds. I was thinking about a remap in the future and was hoping that that may cure it. In the meantime it is just a bit of a pest.
As you have a 110 also can I ask a further question. I fitted the landrover rubber mats in the front footwells and the rear footwell. When I lift the mat in the rear footwell you could grow goldfish with the amount of water in the carpet. Do you have a similar prob or is it my 110.

Offline 96Disco

Attack Member
110 shudder when cold
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 16:10:03 »
I did have a problem with water finding its way into the rear footwell, I discovered it was getting past the door seal where it curves round the bulge in the bodywork below the window line (if that makes sense). the door seals seem to get pulled away from the frame by the door (I've noticed the same thing on other vehicles).  I cured the problem by reseating the seal and injecting Sikaflex sealant between it and the frame, it was a bit fiddly but quite straightforward.

I still haven't cured the leak through the seal between the top of the bulkhead and the bottom of the windscreen frame, nor the drip that comes through the front offside corner of the headlining though......!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal