AuthorTopic: Derbyshire today  (Read 541 times)

Offline metz

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Derbyshire today
« on: January 22, 2007, 22:18:17 »
Went for a drive through hathersage and upto stannage, then back round to hathersage and up to ringinglow road. the snow was only a few inches deep at first but on my way upto ringinglow it was getting mcuh deeper. There were cars strewn either side of the road with people digging paths out of the snow to try and get home. i pulled over half way up to let a 3dr disco pass when to my amazement an old guy in a toyota yaris goes flying past too, by this time its an easy 12" deep and im wondering what the outcome of him driving up here is going to be.

I get to the summit and Mr disco is parked up with a huge lens on his camera taking a few pics..think i was the star of a couple (so if your on mudclub..can i have a copy too please ) Go on a little further and the snow is really deep now and low and behold the old guy in the yaris is sideways nose down facing a ditch...i pulled over and got out to find the snow above my knees..oops.. anyway i gave him a hand and we managed to spin the yaris around and send him back down the hill *one crazy pensioner* over the summit there were cars allover the place snowed in..a newish vw polo had snow upto the windows and looked like it had been there all night. I saw another disco towing a red fiesta hehe..total chaos..i almost felt guilty as i drove around all the strandard red sock brigade as if it is was a mid summers day. All in all the vit as standard as it is performed fantastic in the deepest of snow and pulled like a train.

Heres a pic of the vit just outside hathersage where the snow wasnt so deep (wish i had taken some in the deep snow now but was just too windy)

Clicky>

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal