AuthorTopic: all done!......................... and another tyre question  (Read 977 times)

Offline DaveHenderson

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Finally my Sammy is back on the road! :!:  :D  :D  thanks for all the input on the wobble I now know about caster/trail.  i killed the wobble with the magic wedge :!:  :!:  

it toke 4 months but got through the MOT today!!!

just wanting to know if I can get 235/75/15s on standard rims and under my arches with 3" springs and cheap 32mm wheel spacers i don’t want to cut or chop anything.
 What’s the biggest size? also I don’t really want to lose all acceleration/ power etc. as I have to drive it on the road. its my only car  :cry:  :cry:

ATs or MTs
thanks
it is a good policy to never loan your vehicle to anyone unless you accompany them

(suzuki owners manual)

Offline wheelspinner

Attack Member
all done!......................... and another tyre question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:19:28 »
Yes you should be able to get 235/75/15's on standard rims with a 3 " lift.
I have just posted a similar question on Difflock.com and about 11 people have answered "yes".I would have thought if you want to go to anything larger you would have to get wider wheels with a better offset.Grand vitara 16" are the most popular but they are getting rarer and more expensive now.There aren't many alternatives so you could trawl ebay or put a wanted ad on here, Difflock.com or  Suzukiclubuk(just looked on there there is a guy selling a set of Machos on offset rims for £200)

When you say cheap spacers i assume you mean around the £50 mark, these are ok as long as you use a torque wrench put them on as they strip threads easily.As with most spacers just keep an eye on your wheel bearings the rear bearings are easy enough to replace but the front are a bit of a pain.
Owner of a full  size 1000 piece Suzuki jigsaw....

Offline Grinch

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 14:46:04 »
In response to the AT's or MT's bit.

If you spend a lot of time on road go for AT's.  i had Recip Trial's on my Jimny for 4 months, and whilst the road manners were good, i lost any excess power and fuel economy dropped by a huge factor.  5th was all but useless unless the surface was level or down hill.

Ive just put a set of 235/70R15 AT's on the jimny (same diameter as the Recips)  and the difference is incredible!  Put them on stock Jimny Rims too, they look great and are seated ok on the beads.

Matt
My universe is 24 hours long and 10 feet wide.  If it happens outside of those parameters, I probably dont know about it.

Offline DaveHenderson

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 21:38:52 »
just orderd a set of colway MTs . will be here tomorow hopfully  :D

will any tyre palce fit'em for me  :?:
it is a good policy to never loan your vehicle to anyone unless you accompany them

(suzuki owners manual)

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 21:55:36 »
fao wheel spinner the £200 quid wheel and tyre combo on suzuki gb have been sold to my m8 they a good looking tyre and he got them for £180 too

dave yes any tyres fitting company shud fit ur new tyres to your rims as long as they are convinced the rims are wide enuf for your new tyres

simon

Offline wheelspinner

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 22:05:48 »
If you can find a 4x4 tyre place near you they may be a bit more sensible than some hairy idiot at ATS.

Simon nice looking tyre combo (cheap too) what are you putting on next?

Regards

Steve
Owner of a full  size 1000 piece Suzuki jigsaw....

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 22:19:50 »
steve you mean on gen-x??

maybe ill be fitting a big v8 under his bonnet :twisted:

Offline larry

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 19:30:24 »
I did not think there would be a lot of difference i economy between at and mt tyres . im just about to get my self some mt 33/1250/15 kuhmos as i spend most of my time on the grey stuff perhaps i should reconsider

mt look better  :D

let me know ur thoughts please

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal