AuthorTopic: Wanted ! audio loom  (Read 1020 times)

Offline metz

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Wanted ! audio loom
« on: January 20, 2007, 13:02:24 »
My cdplayer cuts out when the lights are on sometimes so i investigated the loom behind the cdplayer and its been cut and shut..great!
Thankfully its only about 8 inches long with a plug on the end so can be unplugged and an unmolested loom refitted.

Iam therefore looking for an unmolested audio wiring loom the same as this> (but with the proper plugs on the other end haha)

Its from a 1998 jx, i'm unsure if theyre all wired the same.

Offline fudge

Attack Member
  • Green Oval Recovery... Chl 30 Shout Help Im Stuck!
Wanted ! audio loom
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 17:57:24 »
Audio Lead Do One.... Find Proper Accessories Shop... All Else Pails Try Halfrauds But Try For A Trade Discount Card First!

Offline metz

Attack Member
Wanted ! audio loom
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 19:11:42 »
Cheers Fudge, i thought it was part of the suzuki loom with the other lead spliced into it. i will nip to the local accessories shop in the morning

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Wanted ! audio loom
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:02:11 »
Make a new one up, will be better than the Suzuki one, which is made out of bell wire. Hellfrauds do ISO connectors.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline MrDurst

Attack Member
Wanted ! audio loom
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 20:28:58 »
I'm trying to find the loom on my girlfriends Vitara, someone has done a bodge job in the past using the back of the ciggy lighter. Did all Vitara's come with the Suzuki style multi pin plug? I can't find one. Where does it break out of the main loom?
Really need some help here.... please....        :cry:

Does anyone know where I could find a full loom diagram as there's a few plugs and sockets behind the dash I'd like to know what they do???

Offline larry

Attack Member
Wanted ! audio loom
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 18:18:54 »
If i was you i would try disconnecting the black lead from the stereo end and connect it straight to earth

15 years on the pliers thats all

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Wanted ! audio loom
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 09:00:38 »
As I said, forget it.

the runs to the front speakers are <2 ft, the power sonnectitions are all there under the dash and if you have a meter to hand are dead easy to work out.

The Suzuki loom isnt standard so replace it and you will need an adaptor for just about any radio, most have an adaptor anyway so thats 2 of then lil [!Expletive Deleted!].

Make a new loom, make it standard and use decent guage wire to stop the cutting out. This is normally caused by the wiring being so lousy that as the stereo draws current the voltage drops off.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal