AuthorTopic: battery dying - need to replace  (Read 343 times)

Offline discomummy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
battery dying - need to replace
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:23:36 »
Hi,

i currently have an Odyssey red battery - not sure which one (either the 1200 or 1700) as the bar that holds the battery in is right over the number.  this is in the process of giving up the ghost, won't hold charge (and the dumb schmucks at the garage have disconnected my second battery so that it is not charging either....and what is more - they don't know how to fix it)

i would like to replace it with either the same or something equivalent, also i need to find a garage who can fix my dual battery system (preferably without breaking something else)  in the notts/leics/derbys area.  

any suggestions

regards

ela
Sonar - DII V8 now become a toy
Pugsley (peugeot 407) now sitting dead in a garage workshop, being replaced by Yeti the kia carens!
Bagheera - geoff's new(ish) car - a black jaguar!
love is....a husband who is prepared to put petrol in his wife's V8 without flinching - now has admitted to flinching occasionally

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 15:33:29 »
Er, yeah, bring it over and I'll have a look at the charging thingy.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline discomummy

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 16:40:08 »
Hi,

Andrew - thanks for the offer - if i had time i would take you up on it, however due to the horrendous schedule we have over the next 2 weeks - i am going to take it to Midland Magneto.

i have also been advised to go for an Optima battery for the disco - does anyone have any other ideas?  the optima works out at about £125,  the Odyssey that i have been looking at is about £175.

regards

ela
Sonar - DII V8 now become a toy
Pugsley (peugeot 407) now sitting dead in a garage workshop, being replaced by Yeti the kia carens!
Bagheera - geoff's new(ish) car - a black jaguar!
love is....a husband who is prepared to put petrol in his wife's V8 without flinching - now has admitted to flinching occasionally

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal