AuthorTopic: Fuel Pump Problems  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Mudlark

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Fuel Pump Problems
« on: January 09, 2007, 16:13:06 »
Has anyone come across - or had - any fuel pump problems on the 2.5 where it has killed the engine, basically made it un-drivable?

If so what was the cure?

Click the pic get my NEW site

1988 2.5td manual Shogun SWB

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Fuel Pump Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 16:34:28 »
Dads 2.8 went through a phase of running like an utter dog. Stalling, failing to start, starting and dying etc etc

Two jubilee clips on the push fit hoses on the fuel filter fixed it. Was drawing in air.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

mad geordie

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 16:50:21 »
is it the pump though? is it getting fuel? have you opened the injectors while turning it over to see if the fuel is there?
have u changed the filter latley? what happens if you prime the filter?
does it attempt to start? has it an imobiliser? is everything working as normal eg dash lights , glow plugs, ect
any smoke at all? need more info mate b4 we can find the problem

Offline joker777

Attack Member
Fuel Pump Problems
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 19:34:46 »
i know of a few problems with the 2.8 fuel pumps but not with the 2.5's are you sure its the pump? you could have an airlock around your fuel filter, have you tried pumping the little hand pump to pressurise the system?

mad geordie

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 19:36:25 »
2.5,s are good pumps like joker said its the 2.8,s that have probs have you checked everything? timing? fuel delivery? cmon tell us lol

Offline barriesheene

Attack Member
Fuel Pump Problems
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 12:06:40 »
My 2.5 pump seals went afew months ago  :evil: Started as a leak but still running ok to not idling/stalling etc.If you are gonna do them yourself try just doing the top ones first without taking the pump out cos the timing is a pig to get back spot on  :evil: Took me three months to sort out. If you can afford to, get someone else to do it ! :lol:
CBR900RR FIREBLADE ( urban tiger GGRRRRRR !!!!!) SOLD needed money to fix the rangie
2.5 PAJERO LWB EXCEED
AVONDALE MAYFLY SOLD needed money to fix the rangie
RANGEROVER 3.9 V8 STRAIGHT THROUGH EXHAUST AND VERY MUDDY :) makes me laugh everytime i rev it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal