AuthorTopic: 4x4 Petition to Prime Minister  (Read 357 times)

Offline barboboo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
4x4 Petition to Prime Minister
« on: December 12, 2006, 18:00:50 »
Please can all 4x4 owners/drivers sign the petition below where we are complaining about the Rise in Taxes and all the other problems we are now experiencing.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/4x4owners/

thanks

David

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 19:33:54 »
Not this one I'm afraid... ill informed and innacurate.

1. Taxation does not target 4x4's... it targets higher polluting vehicles.
2. We have a right to choose to drive any car... the government have a right ifnot a duty to influence our decision through taxation, limiting opportunities for use or any other tactic they deem relevent.

I accept that some larger vehicles are more polluting, I accept it costs me more to drive, I accept that opportunities for off road use are reduced/reducing.

Until the make/model I enjoy is made illegal or I can no longer afford to drive it at all, I'll continue to use it daily or occasionally as government policies/personal financial situation dictate.

Offline blackbob

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 19:17:49 »
The 4x4 is the scourge of the 21st century urban environment. Uneconomic, gas-guzzling and downright dangerous, they prowl the streets outside our cities' primary schools, seeking whom they may knock down and seriously injure. The average 4x4 appears to be driven by harrassed parents with a back seat full of screaming kids in areas with many children engaged in the risky activity of crossing roads. They are accidents waiting to happen. We would be better off with them removed from our streets. Please sign up and beseech our government to rid us of this modern pest. Or at least make them pay heavily for their continued existence.

also found this only 35 sig i wounder why bad info or what
love's mud and lpg and the wife
skype ekken3011

Offline blackbob

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 19:55:55 »
love's mud and lpg and the wife
skype ekken3011