AuthorTopic: mates efi  (Read 5729 times)

Offline way2deep

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
mates efi
« on: October 15, 2004, 23:51:45 »
i got a mate who went too deepwith his efi.we got it going after letteing water out of plug holes but one week later started playing up now won,t run right ,over feuling,thick black smoke ,changed ecu and airflow mtr,still bad any ideas?thanks robbie.
robbie
200 tdi rangie  1989  4dr

Offline MUSKIE

Attack Member
mates efi
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 21:05:06 »
have u flushed the engine with cheap oil after water incident? did u hydraulic the engine totally? did it run better with old ecu and airflow meter. looks like u are local to me.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
mates efi
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 21:19:40 »
Check you havn't loused up the ignition module, the Haynes manual is actually some use for this :shock:
Then I'd agree about the oil, you might have bust a ring and be burning oil, but that's usually grey-blue.  Compression test?
Does the car have lambda sensors, in fact which EFi is it, flapper or hot-wire?
If it's missing regularly on one or more cylinders I check which one(s) by unplugging the appropriate injector(s) and listen for the revs dropping (you may have to unplug a couple then listen for the difference with the rest in turn).
Check the fuel's ok.
You can check out the sensors on the EFi by following the checklist in the supliment to the Haynes manual :shock:  :shock: (twice in one day!).
Chances are water is seeping in somewhere and has started doing it's worst.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline way2deep

Attack Member
mates efi
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 21:56:45 »
car did hydraulic but has done about hundred miles since then,no change when my ecu fitted to his.his runs mine but mine wont run his.fuel is fine ran almost empty and had several gallons since then.down to 5 to the galoon lol.electric place said ecu but i can't see that or his would not run mine surely :?:
robbie

Offline way2deep

Attack Member
local
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 23:45:17 »
hi muskie,probably seen you around .i got a blue classic with 4 lights on roof bar,white wheels and snorkle,do any of the "locals"meet to chat?
robbie

Offline MUSKIE

Attack Member
Re: local
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 18:14:02 »
Quote from: "way2deep"
hi muskie,probably seen you around .i got a blue classic with 4 lights on roof bar,white wheels and snorkle,do any of the "locals"meet to chat?

i live in Barton Seagrave and there are four of us (virtually all neighbours) with rangies that go regularly to off road sites, although i am desparatly trying to sort mine for the mot at the mo.

sounds like the engine has terminal  damage from being waterlogged, could have done a multitude of damage. cant see it being a simple case of replace something simple.

Offline diesel_boy

Attack Member
  • NUTTER
mates efi
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 20:20:35 »
i know wher you are in barton up by the skool entrance  cant mis my motor  usualy coverd in mud  under neath its a blue 110cswV8  .sam
2door rangie beeing bob'erd    
http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/diesel_boy
sam@northants4x4.com

Offline MUSKIE

Attack Member
mates efi
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 21:13:23 »
Quote from: "diesel_boy"
i know wher you are in barton up by the skool entrance  cant mis my motor  usualy coverd in mud  under neath its a blue 110cswV8  .sam

yep, i have heard your v8 go by, sounds lovely (as they all do) you always go down Leeson cres if thats you. doing cv joints, handbrake, welding, etc etc at the mo, i wish the nights were longer and lighter just cant get enough time together. also need to change gearbox oil, and as its auto i am not looking forward to it i have been told they can be problematic and fear change.

Offline diesel_boy

Attack Member
  • NUTTER
mates efi
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 16:15:14 »
yep ur not rong my mate  lives on the corner on leeson and castle way  i live along pytchley rd  on the left as u go toward tescos  between parrdise lane and the speed cam  ......     sam    well if ya need a hand just  give us a shout
sam@northants4x4.com

Offline MUSKIE

Attack Member
mates efi
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 18:15:59 »
Quote from: "diesel_boy"
yep ur not rong my mate  lives on the corner on leeson and castle way  i live along pytchley rd  on the left as u go toward tescos  between parrdise lane and the speed cam  ......     sam    well if ya need a hand just  give us a shout

oddly enough i went tesco's last night and i always look in your driveway as there are always different landies there, i see a discovery there last night and a 110.

thanks for the offer, if i am in my drive and your going by stop and chat for a few mins. you must be mates with nick the plummer or rob the roofer.

Offline diesel_boy

Attack Member
  • NUTTER
mates efi
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 20:16:08 »
yea  allways  something  on the drive   lol   110 is mine  and the disco is for me mum  afther a few bits come off   its a 3.5 v8     dunno  those two ur on about  tho probay know um if i see um  tho
sam@northants4x4.com

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
mates efi
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 01:23:52 »
Quote from: "way2deep"
car did hydraulic but has done about hundred miles since then,no change when my ecu fitted to his.his runs mine but mine wont run his.fuel is fine ran almost empty and had several gallons since then.down to 5 to the galoon lol.electric place said ecu but i can't see that or his would not run mine surely :?:

If ytou can put the cars side by side then it will cost you little more than time to test the major EFi compoonents by substituting in the same way as you have with the ECU.  Given that the system is analogue it's not inconceivable that water has got into something and is sending duff data to the ECU.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal