AuthorTopic: Truck Trials Czech Republic 2005  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Boggert

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Truck Trials Czech Republic 2005
« on: December 02, 2006, 20:54:40 »
While on Hols in Czech managed to spend a day watching some Truck Trials in an old quarry. It was a great day, if you ever get the chance to go take it.

Cannot get photos to load from my photos section so click the link!

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/Boggert/gallery/TruckTrialsCzech2005
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline leo

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 21:07:03 »
im off out to cz for xmaz where abouts was that held ?

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 21:14:42 »
Quote from: "leo"
im off out to cz for xmaz where abouts was that held ?

Hey Leo,
To be honest I cannot remember, I'm a little embarressed as my wife is Czech and I should remember the venue! Expecially as we go over to Czech loads.
However I will talk to the inlaws tommrrow  :twisted:  and get the location from them and post it on the site. It was a cracking day out. There were loads of big bits kit of driving up mad slopes with out a prob.   :lol:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

Offline leo

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 21:33:40 »
snap my Mrs is Czech too  

so even if you could remember the name of the venue would you be able to pronounce it ?  :lol:

im lucky this xmas ive got 2 weeks out there  :D  weve got a house near to a place called chomtov

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 08:43:42 »
snap my Mrs is Czech too  

so even if you could remember the name of the venue would you be able to pronounce it ?  :lol:

im lucky this xmas ive got 2 weeks out there  :D  weve got a house near to a place called chomtov

Cool, Was out there last Christmas with the in-laws, My wife's family own a farm in a village called Tyrovice just out side Rakovnik. Its real picture pefect, we have got a lovely building plot s will be starting a slow build soon, Czech style... I think it will take a good 5 years to build the house.  :lol:
We are also renovating the main farm house, I plan to retire out there and do a few holiday homes.
My wife says the truck trials are not far from you... I'll talk to my father inlaw and get the location, If i remember you are not too far from the German border. :?:

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 17:54:55 »
Ahoj Leo, jak se mas?

Ok thats about all I can do, need a few beers to get better. Spoke to the inlaws, well the wife did. The event was held at Cheb in a disused quarry.

It was a great day, very wet, The Czechs are nuts when it comes to their events  :lol:

So you going to have Carp and Potato salad for Christmas?? I usually go for fish fingers, never managed to get used the taste of Carp.

Offline leo

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 23:08:44 »
you got it were not to far from germany and yes carp for xmaz dinner but this year ive been told that im to kill it   :?

im wondering(hoping)  if i will see much snow when im out there its great fun trying to keep them old skodas on the road  :lol:

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 16:51:45 »
you got it were not to far from germany and yes carp for xmaz dinner but this year ive been told that im to kill it   :?

im wondering(hoping)  if i will see much snow when im out there its great fun trying to keep them old skodas on the road  :lol:

He he he, I know my wife's family keep the B****y fish in the bath to keep it fresh! :shock:

Last year we had loads of snow, great fun, it amazing some of thoes old skodas are still running!

Offline auto

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 21:03:04 »
I loved the skodas too! We drove round europe last year and popped into prague ( full armour required and ignore red lights!! lol!) We stopped at macdonalds as it seemed the only safe place to park...it seemed brakes weren't used there!....and apart from getting lunch for something stupid like 50p! It was EXACTLY like uk maccies, with all the boy racers outside, big stereos, rally prep cars etc, all skoda estelles!! Laughed myself half to death!

But one thing will stick in my mind...they are poor in czech, but so happy and nice! Really impressed me!  Wonderful people..even with the language barrier, they bent over backwards to help!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal