AuthorTopic: Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!  (Read 1858 times)

Offline fudge

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Green Oval Recovery... Chl 30 Shout Help Im Stuck!
  • Referrals: 0
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« on: November 18, 2006, 18:23:58 »
Anyone got any experiance of Jimny's......

Is a Jimny just a Jimny or are there Jap & Spanish for parts Hell ?

What are the Axles Like (weak like a Vit or more SJ Like) have they got CV boots to shread ? Coil springs to snap ?

I see a few People selling "Bits" Are dealers helpfull ?

Anyone dumped a Vit 1.6 in one... how easy ?

You see there is a change a foot in the company car situation and I need a run a round.... an everyday, big wheeled, smile inducing toy / commuter and 413's are like rocking horse crap but Jimny's seem to be available for less than £ 2k..... It will get "Used properly"  :D so i don't want to take out a mortgage cause it might all end up roof deep in a ditch!

Offline Jim-Willy

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 19:23:00 »
My mate has a stock one we take laning, it is ok the main problems been it can't take anything like a decent size tyre.  The engine is a gutlees thing aswell and the gearing means on the motorway it is either rev the arse off it and sup fuel or go slow.
'ear all, see all, say nawt; Eyt all, sup all pay nawt; An' if ivver tha does owt fer nawt; Allus do it fer thi sen.

Offline fudge

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 19:28:38 »
Quote from: "Jim-Willy"
My mate has a stock one we take laning, it is ok the main problems been it can't take anything like a decent size tyre.  The engine is a gutlees thing aswell and the gearing means on the motorway it is either rev the arse off it and sup fuel or go slow.

Thanks for that, Darren @ KAP has a lifted one on 31's and the m/way thing shouldn't cause issue, if its not round town, rs deep in mud then it'll be on its way somewhere with something like a defender to follow,

Anyone else?

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 20:55:48 »
Ask Glaggs, He can get his Jimny where the proverbial 'castor oil' cant get
Theyre not gutless anyway, just need a little more pressure on the 'skinny' pedal eh!
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Offline Damon

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 21:28:46 »
Jimnys are an excellent tool. :)

A mates daughter has one and did Bircham Newton this year, totally in "high range" by accident.

It's totally standard, with road tyres (and I do mean "road tyres"), she put a lot of modified stuff to shame.

They are basically an SJ with a fuel injected engine and coil sprung.  Get one :)
- Project SE416 -

Feel the FEAR - and do it anyway!!  :)

Offline colin

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 00:34:47 »
i have a 2005 model with vvt and colway mt's and a small winch and it is very good off road see my gallary. when i sell my landrover will get lift kit for her! guttles no!
Jimny
Colway MT's (for off road use on SJ rims)
Champion winch
TCB-880 CB

Offline Skywalker

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 00:54:24 »
Quote from: "rollazuki"
Ask Glaggs, He can get his Jimny where the proverbial 'castor oil' cant get
Theyre not gutless anyway, just need a little more pressure on the 'skinny' pedal eh!

Got to agree I've seen Glaggsy's Jimny get places you wouldn't believe, mind you it has something to do with the Glaggs theory of momentum .......... "what you lack in size you make up for with your right foot"   8)    ......   it's a very capable piece of kit

Dave
WIP ........ just Keeps Changing .......

SW

Offline Grinch

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 14:13:39 »
Quote from: "Skywalker"
the Glaggs theory of momentum .......... "what you lack in size you make up for with your right foot"   8)    ......  
Dave

:lol:   Good Quote!

Swapped my LWB Fronty for a Jimny.  after seing a friends get places the LR's and others couldnt.  Love mine to bits.

Matt
My universe is 24 hours long and 10 feet wide.  If it happens outside of those parameters, I probably dont know about it.

Offline bailey

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 16:31:06 »
jimnys are great axles are just sligthtly weaker than samurai ones as they have slightly weaker front cv's youll be lucky to snap a standard jimny coils i mean look at them flexing on the rear of my samurai.... and the standard 1.3 is far better than any 1.6  vitara those engines are crap thast why im,putting a 2.0 vaixhall in my sj416....  cant really find anything wrong with teh jimny except its going rusty.....

89 blue zook samurai 416: rear coils 32s and 40 inches of flex and a few more little mods

2001 blue jimny
differant coloured panels, 3 inch lift, 30inch machos,trimmed arches, front and back solid bumpers,snorkel,

Offline jims jimny

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 17:11:21 »
nowt up with jimnys brilliant bit o kit will go most places and a lot more besides
ok its a bit thirsty when amerin it but what int

jim
mods so far  2"procomp suspension  
205/75/15 colway mt
diff breathers
t-case protection plate
snorkel/piper cross filter + loads more

Offline fudge

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 20:06:18 »
Thanks Guys,

Cool Truck Grinch,

Mind Made Up, Searching!

The Gutless Thing Doesn't Concern Me, Its What You Expect, My 410 Was Fine In The Summer.... And Goes Where I Need It Too Off Road.

Offline glaggs

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 20:49:26 »
Jimny's are the next SJ. Parts are now getting easier and cheaper to source which is could 'cos use anything regularly off road and it will 'break' As folk have already said, they go where you would expect. You can get 30" tyres on with 2" lift and a bit of pruning. Mines om 215/15s and as put Simex shod Ibex's to shame. The engin needs a bit of revving but I've yet to run out of power. Puttin bigger tyres on can muck up the gearing for road use (as with any 4x4) but mods are now available from various sources. Had mine 3 years now, its done 80,000+ miles, gets regular abuse but is no less or more reliable than anything else in the club (NCGL)
..V..

Offline colin

Attack Member
Jimny's ? Yay or Nay!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 23:09:00 »
mine is nearly standared just mt's on her and still cope with all i through at it and brought a land rover to replace it and go ing back to jimny!
Jimny
Colway MT's (for off road use on SJ rims)
Champion winch
TCB-880 CB

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal