AuthorTopic: repairs  (Read 1055 times)

Offline redchurch

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
repairs
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:39:50 »
I need to get some work done on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. My mid or rear diff is playing up so my quadratrack (or whatever it's called) isn't working and i'd like someone who knows what they are doing to look at it (i.e. someone that doesn't fix ford fiestas all day). Could anyone recommend any good garages in Shropshire? Ideally Shrewsbury.

The back wheales pulse a bit when they start to loose grip but don't re-direct any of the power and just continue to spin as a standard car would. I took it to a garage recommended by the guys at Whitecliff 4x4 who took a quick look and said it had been poorly maintained and would need a good service or possibly replacing.

The cv joint clicks on full lock offroad, and very rarely on road so that needs looking at.

The low gear selection lever under the car keeps slipping out and apparently needs a new gear linkage to hold it in place.

and today the heating started blowing cold no matter what setting (when I turn it up it goes hot for a min then back down again).

Offline EvilEd

Attack Member
repairs
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 14:26:22 »
Bishops Finger will be along soon, he's round that way I think.... that or one of the "Northern Lot" :)

There's a few on here that should be able to point you at somewhere more local to up there than the ones I know.

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
repairs
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 22:00:33 »
EE Less of the Northern you Kent based muppet :lol:  :wink:

Redchurch.....I've given you all I currently know on Offroading.net :wink:
Hope you getit sorted
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal