AuthorTopic: TD4 fuel burning heater Mod  (Read 1612 times)

Offline pondy653

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Norwich
  • Referrals: 0
TD4 fuel burning heater Mod
« on: November 11, 2006, 14:11:59 »
Hi all
Just wondered if anyone has carried out a mod on their Fuel Buening heater so it can be run without the engine swiched on?
I have found some info on modding a disco II but not the TD4 Freelander.
I have an Eberspacher night heater in my Defender which I installed and runs completly independanly of the engine, very handy on frosty mornings as I just nip outside switch it on and then return inside to drink my cop of tea. 10mins later Defender is fully defrosted and ready to drive.
Any help would be greatfuly received.
Regards
Tony
98 Defender 110 CSW Tdi
Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI Sport DSG
Yamaha WR450F (for treading really lightly)
4x4 Response (Norfolk&Suffolk) Member since 1999

Offline orlando

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:30:33 »
I could be wrong, but I thought that was the whole point - it would run without the engine.

IRRC there is a mod, standard Webasto mods I think, and you can add a remote control to start the thing from inside the house.

HTH
I'm working on it.

NeilWilson

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 09:46:58 »
Webasto have a remote radio control unit, I use a T70 on mine that has a good range.  I have heard of installations where, depending on the alarm unit installed, an aux output can be used for the same purpose.  You can normally find the remotes on ebay although there seem to be more in Europe, I got my kit from Germany as the cost for a new one was the same as 2nd hand ones over here.  Alternatively you can fit a timer unit which is cheaper & if you normally leave home at a set time can achieve the same result.  Cheers.

Neil

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal