AuthorTopic: 04 Freelander cruise control  (Read 1644 times)

Offline orlando

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
04 Freelander cruise control
« on: November 05, 2006, 17:49:52 »
Afternoon all.

In a previous life I owned a TD5 Disco, manual - in which it was possible to add cruise control for just the price of the switches. You see the loom is already in place, so all you need to do is add the switches to the dash and steering wheel.

So, now I'm in 04 Freelander, petrol/manual land I'm wondering if the same is true. I've already had a look at the blanking switch where the CC master switch goes, and the loom is already in place. I've yet to take the airbag out to see if the look is there as well.

But, in the Freebie marketing bumph, it would seem only the auto can have cruise control.

Is this true, and has anyone tried adding CC to a manual freebie?

Thanks in adv.

Orlando
I'm working on it.

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 20:53:17 »
Hi Orlando

Spoke to Mark at Discoparts about this a few month ago and unfortunatly it's not the same as modifying the Disco. The parts will cost a few hundred and the electrics can cause headaches  :cry:
Lee from Brum

Offline orlando

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:12:43 »
Ahh bu**er - I did wonder..

Disco is fly-by-wire which makes life a lot easier when it somes to that sort of things, whereas the freebie seems to have a throttle cable.

Was thinking the same about heated screens/seats etc like all the other cheap disco mods, but life in freebie land isn't so plug and play it would seem..
I'm working on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal