AuthorTopic: maverick/terrano clutch  (Read 1601 times)

Offline funny

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
maverick/terrano clutch
« on: October 14, 2006, 22:51:15 »
Hello All,
its me again ,I have another problem with my maverick three months ago the clutch thrust bearing spun out of the clutch actuating arm and I had to have another clutch assembly fitted.Guess what? its happened again and the car is back in the garage having a new clutch fitted under warranty,yes all new clips were fitted on the bearing and arm and a new clutch slave cylinder is also being fitted( thanks Milner Off Road).
My question is has anyone had this problem before and are there any mods to stop it happening again.

I know its a long shot but its starting to p**s me off

thanks for any answers

regards

funny

Offline funny

Attack Member
ford maverick clutch saga
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 19:31:29 »
Well its back in the garage again, now new master cylinder,hose and steel pipe fitted.The mechanics took it for a test drive and yes it went again.

Now I am getting to a point where I am getting emotional, lets see what happens tomorrow when yet another clutch is fitted.

I will keep you posted

regards

Funny

Offline Jonathan M

Attack Member
maverick/terrano clutch
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 21:32:39 »
How did things get on? The clutch on some wagons between 1996-2001 was thought to be a bit weak, but that was the plate, not the problem you describe.

My 2001 wagon had a new clutch at 50K, but had been used off road & towing etc.
Nissan terrano 2 SWB Kumho tyres hella lights

Offline funny

Attack Member
maverick/terrano clutch
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 21:04:51 »
well, it is now back on the road and my pocket close on a thousand pounds lighter.The problems all centred around a pattern clutch thrust bearing.The profile of the said item is nearly 10mm smaller than an original item and the bearing was jumping the release fork on full stretch.
Im still not that impressed with suppliers and I'm even less impressed with the rip off merchants we have around here.Still rant over,Ive learnt my lesson and if anything else goes wrong it either goes to Fords/Nissan,or gets scrapped.

Regards

Funny

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal