AuthorTopic: clutch stuck?  (Read 800 times)

Offline MattW

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
clutch stuck?
« on: October 12, 2006, 17:42:20 »
Hi Y'all - long time no see

I had a problem previously where after sitting for a couple of months the clutch stuck on my Series3 i.e. I can depress the pedal but can't actually put the engine into gear.

SOmebody recommended starting it in gear and driving as fast as I could then slamming on the brake/ clutch simultanoeously to unstick the clutch.

This worked at the time! Unfortunately the landy ceased again just as quickly and this time I can't unstick it? Do I need to strip out the whole engine etc. and physically pry off the clutch? new clutch maybe?

any advice would be great as I've not done anything with transmission before
thanks
Matt
= :) =

Offline Devon-Rover

Attack Member
    • Tavistock
clutch stuck?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 23:09:27 »
One technique that no other then ken wheelwright suggested is to get the engine warm then turn it off
Put the T box into nutral
put the G box into first gear
Depress the clutch
start the engine
yenk the red lever into low box and thus unsticking the clutch.

I how ever take no responsibility for any possible problems this should cause. mearly just quoting from a back issue of LRO when it was published.
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
clutch stuck?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 23:12:47 »
Another similar method, is to warm up, then stick it in low box, start the motor in 2nd gear let it walk along and hit the accelerator a few times the clutch should free up
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal