AuthorTopic: Rear winch (and general winches)  (Read 1192 times)

Offline carbore

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Rear winch (and general winches)
« on: October 09, 2006, 21:20:48 »
Ok,

I am interested in a rear winch form my 2005 freelander 5 door.  THe main reason is I just want one, but the justification is that I may  need something for dragging a car tailer up to the back of the car,and loading a car onto the trailer (I am looking for a car trailer on ebay for a track day/sprint car and often the winches are knackered).

I think it may be more "useful" to have one on the back of the "big black bus" as opposed to on the triler.

Is there such a thing as a winch plate that bolts on to a tow bar mount? and can normal tow electrics run a winch amps wise.

Finally the freelander commercial has "rear demountable winch" as an option, anyone got one, whre does it fit and would it fit a "domestic" 5 door.

Finally one that ca also go on the front would be "fun" but not if I have to overly knacker up the front of my very shiny new car.
CORNISH SPRINT AND HILLCLIMB CHAMPION 2009

Lotus Elise (Tuned/lightened for sprint racing Championship winner 2009)
Freelander 1 TD4 Auto AKA the Big Black Bus (Brownchurch Roof Rack, Hatch Bag rear liner)
Ferguson T20 "Grey Fergie" TVO Tractor 1951

defenderdan

Rear winch (and general winches)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 21:29:33 »
Winch mounts that attach to towballs are available but i don't know who makes them. As for electrics, winches pull BIG amps so you would need to run heavy duty cables to the back of your car (through a cut off switch) and use an anderson plug to connect it to the winch.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal