AuthorTopic: Southdown Fuel Tank Guard  (Read 5592 times)

Offline Brains

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Southdown Fuel Tank Guard
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 16:43:09 »
Got an equipe ally tank guard from lrs off-road, brilliant bit of kit has took all the knocks and scrapes that may have been the end of the tank :D

But it doesn't have a demountable tow hitch tho :(

Guardian.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 18:18:50 »
yes equipe, very nice products, not cheap gear is it! ive seen a couple of there bits and pieces and found its well made and well finished.

Offline Moneypit

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 14:16:00 »
Quote from: "Eeyore"
Quote from: "guardian off road product"
IM TRYING TO GET THESE SORTED NOW, IS THERE A GOOD MARKET FOR TANK GUARD WITH DETACHABLE HITCH PLATE? HOPING TO BE SELLING FOR A COUPLE OF HUNDRED DONE AND DUSTED! AT THE MOST. WHATS THE GENERAL CONCENSUS.

The Southdown guard is fully tested and type approved, so it can be fitted on later vehicles legitimately. Probably explains part of the price!

cheers
 8)
Eeyore

No it's not.  I asked them direct and they said that the cost of getting it type approved was prohibitive.

Hi Shaun

Thank you for your email, unfortuantely our DII detachable tow pack is not type approved. I think it says on the website. Unfortuantely it is cost prohibitive for us to type approved each marque. Please be aware some companies out there are saying that their detachable tow packs are type approved and they are not. If they say that they are, ask to see a certificate of conformity, just to safe guard yourself.

Which is a pity as I liked the look of it.

Personally I won't risk it as I do tow a caravan and I'd hate for the insurance company to be able to wheedle out of paying out if something happened to it.

I can see it now, "I'm sorry sir I know your caravan was stolen from your holiday campsite, but your tow bar isn't type approved and therefore you broke the law towing it there, and we don't have to pay out"

Personal choice and nothing to do with what looks to be a well made piece of kit.
Sometimes you need to get away from the crowd, the only way to do that, is to get a little mud on the tyres.

Offline CNorman

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 17:25:15 »
I really want a tank guard for my disco.

Do simonites not do one for £90. I could not personally justify £200+ Even at £200 it would have to be a good one.

I would imagine loads of people would buy them. The disco tank is very exposed!

Offline CNorman

Attack Member
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 17:33:00 »
Just got onto a company who produce a tank guard for the discovery 4mm thick steel or 6mm thick aluminum.
Have not personally used it but it looks very good.

£70odd +Vat for tank guard and £10-50 +Vat for postage.

Cheapest guard i have seen so far so i will probably go for one of them come pay day!

Cheers

Chris

http://www.safari-equip.co.uk/index.php?page=66

Offline DiscoCWK

Attack Member
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 18:00:43 »
I removed my towbar after loosing forward AND rearward movement in this incident!

Offline skiprat

Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 18:01:56 »
looking around on the bay of e the other night....Guardian tank guards popped up in my search, and may i say they look very good, i just need to save a few penny's. then i think i will have to place an order.. :lol:

kris
dirt+water= MUD :-)

www.slroc.com

Guardian.

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 20:53:32 »
hi guys, yes the tank guards are sorted, just waiting for the hitch plates to be pressed, but the tank guards are now for sale complete with all fittings ready for hitches.
i think they are indestructable (all 5mm) and they fully enclose the whole tank front, back, sides and of course the bottom.
pics on ebay if you want a look.
mud club baz has one on the way to him, im sure he will let you all know just how good they are!
cheers folks
spence
guardian

Guardian.

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 20:55:19 »
P.S. can we call them guardian fuel tank guards :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Horness

Attack Member
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 10:42:03 »
Make that me as well - I'm just about to order one.  :wink:

How easy/hard are they to fit?

Cheers
Horness

EDIT: Payment Sent.  :wink:

Offline Moneypit

Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 10:52:28 »
They look good, do you do one for the D2 that's type approved?
Sometimes you need to get away from the crowd, the only way to do that, is to get a little mud on the tyres.

Guardian.

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 13:59:55 »
yes they are easy to fit just two bolts on the sides and two in the rear, all in origional holes in the chassis.
the only thing that makes them awkward is the weight and laying under your landy, helps if you can find a mate to help, but i put on, on me tod.
sorry not for the d2, its taken me god knows how long to get this one sorted! now you want more :lol:
fanks
spence
guardian

Offline Moneypit

Attack Member
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 16:12:08 »
Oh well, I shall continue to leave furrows in my wake :D  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal