AuthorTopic: HELP NEEDED.  (Read 5073 times)

BIGANT.

HELP NEEDED.
« on: September 25, 2004, 23:21:32 »
HELLO I'VE JUST BEEN READIN THE NEW LANDROVER WORLD AND HAVE FOUND THIS CLUB SO I THOUGH I'D HAVE TO HAVE A LOOK AND ASK FOR SOME HELP. FIRST OF ALL I HAVE A 1969 SERIES 2 1TON LANDROVER EX ARMY THE CHASSIS IS FUBARD SO I SWOPED A 600 CC MOTOR BIKE FOR A RANGE ROVER CHASSIS AND SOME ASSORTED BITS. I NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN USE MY SERIES 2 ENGINE AND TRANSMITION. WITH THE RANGEROVER AXLES AND PROP SHAFTS I NEED TO USE THEM BECAUSE I'M ONLY 20 AND CANT AFFORD TO RUN A V8. I'VE ALL READY STARTED TO TAKE THE SERIES 2 APART AND I'VE DUG A SERIES 3 SEAT BOX OUT OF THE SHED. BUT I'M NOT SURE HOW TO GO ABOUT MAKEING IT ALL FIT THE RANGROVER CHASSIS SOMEONE'S TOLD ME THAT I NEED TO CHOP THE BACK OF THE CHASSIS OFF BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO ATACK IT WITH MY ANGLE GRINDER.  DOE'S ANYONE KNOW IF THERE'S A BOOK ON IT OR A WEB SITE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY ONE CAN HELP!!! :?

sleeper88

HELP NEEDED.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 23:07:31 »
Any thing is possible with a welder, time, and money.

I would say that whilst you can mate the old 2.25 engine and gearbox to the Rangerover chassis you will be missing things like the power stearing pump engine mounts and a brake servo.

Most people are doing the conversion the other way V8 into Series 2.

I would look for another Series Chassis rather than try to convert the Rangerover.

Good luck

Offline bigant

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • hmm whats this then...
  • Referrals: 0
HELP NEEDED.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 20:43:21 »
to late now i've already started to chop bits off i'l try and put some pics on as i go i have to put a 2.25 in because of the insurance it'll cost me the same as a new winch to have a v8 on the same insurance it's terrible i'm only 20 and the insurance man wants over 2 grand off me and that was for the series 2. anyway i've not got a problem with power steering because my chassis has got the normal box i've managed to get the engine and box in now but i'm stuck as to what props will fit i've used the old diffs out of the series 2 and i think the front prop out the rangrover will fit but i'm not sure. my idea came from a old landrover world magazine that's got a picture of a hybrid called rolling thunder that had a 2.25 engine in it but thats all i know. anyone know anything else about it? well thanks an i'll keep you all posted on progress. :P
And the Leaf spring shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million Series like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of the Coil shall tremble - ollr 15:4

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
HELP NEEDED.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 22:00:15 »
Insurance men, nice people (not).  First against the wall come the glorious revolution me thinks.
Anyway, have you enquired about a discount for pass plus or advanced driver training? In your first year it can often more than pay for the course by knocking your premium down.  Let me give you an example, 19 year old lad, passes test, buys Corsa 1.4sport (never mind) insurance man wants £3,000.  Lad does pass plus (£20/hour, 6 or more hours) insurance man wants £1400.  Colour returns to lad's face.

Not convinced? ok then how much will it cost to insure a modified 2.25 Land-Rover against a standard Series 2?

Remeber the series chassis is stronger than the RR, especially if yours is a 1-tonner.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal