AuthorTopic: you would think it was easy....  (Read 869 times)

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
  • Referrals: 0
you would think it was easy....
« on: September 27, 2006, 20:38:16 »
To get upgraded to broadband by your existing supplier!

I,m on (oi no laughing) AOL on a dial up connection and have had absolutly no problem with it since i got it about 10 years ago but the time came when i thought a faster connection would be better and no easier way than to sign up with AOL to get it . Boy was i wrong :roll:
I try to call their convenient number, it doesnt work, i follow the link on the home page...it doesnt work (alarm bells should have rung here) so i go thru live help online , no problem i,m signed up and when i recieve the modem i can follow the easy steps to a new broadband service
1 month later i get the modem and follow the simple steps to get connected....only it wont :evil:  several tries and no joy so onto live help, who go thru the steps with me and...it dont work.
This goes on for the weekend and i ring the help line....
Now the helpline is quite obviously based in delhi or kanderhar or somewhere as the regional accents seemed to indicate as the 20 or so times i have now spoken to them i,ve only had indian people on the phone who(and no offence intended) i can not understand half of what they say unless they speak very slowly and most of whom know as much about broadband as i do about nuclear physics, they are bloody useless and tonite i have lost it and told them as much so now senior management are going to sort my problem out :roll:  i,m not holding out much hope though
the problem incidentally is that i,m still not connected to broadband after a month as apparently twice the order for the line was cancelled and twice it has been rejected for no reason according to AOL

So has anyone else had this sort of problem with AOL? and suggestions please for an alternative broadband supplier?

Rant over for now
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline paul_humphreys

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 20:58:57 »
have a look at www.adslguide.org I am with BT, not the cheapest but a good service, but the call centres are in the same place as AOHELL. Another good ISP in Pipex.

Paul
LC 80 series 1993. 285/75/16s Cooper STTs, OME 850s on the front with 25mm packer, 868s on the rear. 4.88 diffs. Winch bumper with 12000lb winch. Factory lockers. HD rear bumper with wheel carrier and winch mount.

http://www.crag-uk.org

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 20:59:09 »
Well Id would have thought youre supplier was the one to speak too not us..........

Ill get my own back... :wink:

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 21:05:35 »
Quote from: Jas278
Well Id would have thought youre supplier was the one to speak too not us..........

Ill get my own back... :wink:[/quote

:lol:  very good
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

gords

Re: you would think it was easy....
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 21:19:38 »
Quote from: "beast5680"
suggestions please for an alternative broadband supplier?

I recommend Eclipse - I have used them for ages (3+ years) and could count the times we've had a problem on one hand ... and still have fingers to spare :wink:  :lol:

Note: the above link includes our referrer code. If you want to avoid that, go to http://www.eclipse.net.uk/

Offline bobtail4x4

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 21:21:39 »
We transfered from AOl dial up to broadband a year ago, it took a few calls to mr patel but I wouldnt swap now,

just need a better phone line for more speed.
hello mum

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 22:06:23 »
Go with Orange.
They used to be Freeserve, then they changed their name to Wanadoo and now Orange.
They got Best ISP award for last year :wink:

http://www.orange.co.uk/time/broadbandaccess/default.htm?WT.hplink=A2&cd_source=arthuradel&linkfrom=hp1&link=box_right_pos_2_1_link_2&article=orangeshoph1update1700unlimited270906
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 07:47:04 »
Dont even start with B/band suppliers........

Tis**li   essential maintainence work cut me off, 2 1/2 weeks later they were no further on with a repair, so I cancelled......

Tal**alk. I take out a subscription with them, approx 3 weeks to get my landline in, then 3 weeks for B/band to be set up. Here I am 8 weeks later, my landline still not provisioned, and so far, no definite date as to when it will happen!!!!!  They have then still got to set up my B/band.

I give up.
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Guardian.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 08:00:34 »
steer wel clear of talktalk, ive had nothing but problems and no help at all, they never call you back, you cannot ever get through to there costly help line, 100% crap will be going back to bt asap.

Offline sleeplessparadise

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 08:09:11 »
We used Pipex for a long time till we decided that we were still paying over £23 and could actually get it for £14 from Eclipse....... the only problem I had with Pipex in 5 years of using them was a couple  of down days and they actually took a payment out of my bank after the service was cancelled (my fault I should have cancelled direct debit) and they took forever to pay it back!
Helen aka Sleeplessparadise aka Mrsjohnty
defender 90 Td5 LilRed  SIIa 109 Stationwagon Bluebell
NBH LOC

Offline karlo

Attack Member
  • TATA The New Green Oval!
    • Swadlincote, South Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 08:12:23 »
I use virgin, no contract just need to give 30 days notice, been with them for a while and no major problems the only drawback is their tech line is expensive but they have sorted any little problems i have had!

http://www.virgin.net/broadband/index.html

Offline Jimbo

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 08:53:49 »
I use Freedom2Surf (www.f2s.com), can't rate them highly enough - only had one problem in nearly two years. They have a UK based call centre/tech support - ok, they've now been taken over by Pipex, but so far nothing has changed.

I placed the order online, got email confirmations/updates. They got my existing BT landline ADSL enabled (basically, f2s are a BT re-seller), I got more email updates to say line test passed, activation date etc,etc.

There are better/cheaper deals out there, but why risk being down for several days/getting cr4p service just to save a few pence.
Jim

TDV6 HSE D3
Defender 110 Td5 Hard top, BFG MT's, and no EGR either

http://www.hertfordshire4x4response.net

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal