AuthorTopic: Remote Key  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Remote Key
« on: September 13, 2004, 20:18:10 »
On Sunday morning at the Peterborough LRO show I went to lock the Disco. The key fob had failed. The spare fob had failed a few weeks ago.

Luckily the alarm hadn't armed itself so off around the show and I managed to fine Remote Key.

I picked up a couple of their remotes  but struggled to get the alarm to reset itself to accept the new fobs. The guy from Remote Key said he'd look at it for me. He pluged a box of tricks into the alarm and reset it. Then the fobs programmed up with no problem.

Credit where credit is due. He could have sold me a new alarm but didn't and fixed my problem. Unfortunately the old fob wouldn't work so it was duff anyway.

They can be found at

http://www.remotekey.co.uk/landrover.htm

A blessing with LR ceasing production of the key fobs and they are a lot cheaper than the LR ones.

Ed
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline strapping young lad

Attack Member
Remote Key
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 20:57:47 »
funnily enough i was on the throne this evening having a quick browse of my newly obtained workshop manual and one of the pages i had a look at covered the resetting of the fobs so you can re-program them

Offline Wanderer

Attack Member
Remote Key
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 22:49:07 »
I can't remember, off the top of my head, the sequence. It involves the bonnet switch, turning the ignition on and off and locking and unlocking the doors but at the end of it my LED light wasn't coming on inside the vehicle.
His box of tricks imitated all of those bits and then allowed the key fobs to be paired up.
Everything then worked fine and phew I didn't cop for the bill for an alarm unit. I was impressed with both the product and the service and honesty of the guy.

Ed
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Remote Key
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 16:34:31 »
Quote from: "strapping young lad"
funnily enough i was on the throne this evening having a quick browse of my newly obtained workshop manual ...

That is not an image I wish to dwell on  :shock:  :lol:

If I undersatnd it correctly, the fobs use a different frequency every time you use them. They need to be sychronised with the alarm for the first use. We had a customer in the US who had bought 5 or 6 late model classic Minis without fobs! He had to send the ECU's and alarms back to the UK to have the new fobs set up.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

gadge

remote key
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 02:44:58 »
I got two fobs from remote key and had the same problem of not getting them to work.One phone call and an offer to borrow the box of tricks,he has one that he sends out to distressed people and all was well.

TUFFTEE

Remote Key
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 11:58:05 »
My fob has never worked! Even though the batteries are ok and the red light comes on when depressed! So therefore i am stuck with that laborious task of locking the doors with the key!! Which is when the alarm activates and the led on the dash starts to flash!!

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
Remote Key
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 16:30:17 »
Quote from: "strapping young lad"
funnily enough i was on the throne this evening having a quick browse of my newly obtained workshop manual and one of the pages i had a look at covered the resetting of the fobs so you can re-program them

The only quite room in the house for a read without being disturbed :lol:
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline dracula

Attack Member
Remote Key
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 17:11:45 »
I've used "Remotekey" and had no trouble setting alarm up.
Needed two pairs of hands though :lol:
regards,
Paul Shapter.

Offline waveydavey

Attack Member
Remote Key
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 19:54:47 »
Is that the place near Sutton Colefield? I got two fobs from them at Billing, they are brilliant!

My brother took his Rover there and they sorted his alarm for a few quis when most would have fitted  a new system.
P38 Range Rover (BMW !!!)
Off Road camping Trailer - SA Design
And a boat - if you can call QM2 a boat?

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
Remote Key
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 20:55:47 »
I got one for my Disco at Billing.
Great on site service.
 :D
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

gords

Remote Key
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 23:32:24 »
I've got a key fob from them - it's great apart from one thing ... the button sticks out and is easily pressed when putting the keys into a pocket.

The number of times I've locked the car, walked off, put the keys in my pocket ... and unlocked the car again :roll:

now, I make sure I've walked a good distance away first :wink:

The instructions for programming the key fobs are here by the way :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal