AuthorTopic: Calling Brian the Sn@il  (Read 943 times)

Offline Jayk

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Calling Brian the Sn@il
« on: September 04, 2006, 13:03:01 »
Hi mate,

been reading you veiws on the Navara while waiting for mine to be delivered. i am keen to chip mine as i have the last couple of cars i have owned.
what chip/module have you used?
as i have only ever modded turbo (petrol) cars was the upgrade very noticable?

thanks mate

Offline Brian the Sn@il

Attack Member
  • Lets off road
    • Norwich
Calling Brian the Sn@il
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 18:50:38 »
In the end i didnt chip it,

I was so close to having it remmaped by a local tuner, but being a automatic, i had concerns with Torque / Kick Down and Lots of black smoke.

I just chipped one of our Renault trafic vans, and it smokes like a good one now, so didnt go through with the Navara one.

The 2.5 Engine in the Navara, in my opinion has been tweeked enough, my other concerns were the longitivity of the engine after a chip upgrade.

The Navara is very quick ( for a 4x4 ) out of the Box, i love my power, and i still havent bored of the massive mid range torque of the standard Navara Engine.

Which model have you ordered mate ?
Jeep Grand Cherokie V6 2006
1994 EX MOD 110 Defender

Offline Jayk

Attack Member
Calling Brian the Sn@il
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:15:27 »
Thank for the reply.
i got an Aventura manual, and you are right it is fab straight from the dealer. however i am a bit of a petrol head and might not be able to help my self. my last car was a focus RS which i had from new. the first thing i did was chip it, after all the mods such as manifold, boost controller, induction kit she ran 310BHP and i did 69000 miles like that, just made sure i looked after her, mainly by doing an oil and filter change every 6k.
i think my first tweek for the navara will be to remove the fixed viscouse fan and change it for a electric fan kit, this will release between 8-10% for both power and fuel economy, i am talking to the fan Mfr at the moment making sure i get the right one. it will also make it a whole heap quieter.
i will keep you updated.

cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal