AuthorTopic: Will 90 or 110 front doors fit straight onto the series 3?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Fuddy as muck

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Will 90 or 110 front doors fit straight onto the series 3?
« on: September 03, 2006, 17:00:02 »
As title really people. The landy is starting to get to the point where it will be on the road soon and i dont like the sliding glass, so was wondering what my options for winding windows are. Also will defender arches fit to the standard series 3?

Darren

Offline mark.yellow.series.3

Attack Member
Re: Will 90 or 110 front doors fit straight onto the series
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 17:16:17 »
Quote from: "Family Drat"
As title really people. The landy is starting to get to the point where it will be on the road soon and i dont like the sliding glass, so was wondering what my options for winding windows are. Also will defender arches fit to the standard series 3?

Darren

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
sliding glass, and lack of arches are what gives the series its 'look'.
dont spoil it.

Offline Fuddy as muck

Attack Member
Re: Will 90 or 110 front doors fit straight onto the series
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 17:27:59 »
Quote from: "mark.yellow.series.3"
Quote from: "Family Drat"

Darren

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
sliding glass, and lack of arches are what gives the series its 'look'.
dont spoil it.

I'm not fussed about the arches but the windows are really crap so winding would be nice 8) Either that or climate control :lol:

Darren

Offline Devon-Rover

Attack Member
    • Tavistock
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 17:45:18 »
Yes they will fit. Just make sure the latches are the same too, as early series vehicles didn't have antiburst door latches.
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

Offline Fuddy as muck

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 18:59:28 »
Quote from: "Devon-Rover"
Yes they will fit. Just make sure the latches are the same too, as early series vehicles didn't have antiburst door latches.

Thanks for the advise mate. Any idea if the arches would be an aesy fit? I do reckon they would look good with my Disco steels.

Darren

dew1911

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 19:02:38 »
Quote from: "Devon-Rover"

Good luck though, 90/110 doors tend to be bloody dear when you find them, hence many people with rottern ones have gone back to series doors!

defenderdan

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 19:32:33 »
Series axles are quite a bit narrower than 90 axles therefore if you put defender arches on your disco steels are going to look lost, and dare i say it - a bit daft. I'm with mark on this, leave it looking like a nice series motor not a wannabe 90.

Offline Devon-Rover

Attack Member
    • Tavistock
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 20:16:33 »
Defender arches on series body will go but it'll mean having to take a jigsaw to the body to make the profile fit that of the arches.
IIRC you can get arch kits for the series but i cannot for the life of me remember where from.
Rowan.

"Jemima" 2.25 Petrol SWB, ACR rear Silencer, 235/85 Macho's, MAP Capstan & HD Bumper, Tweeked suspension, CB, Light Bar.
"Baker" 2.6 Petrol LWB (former Tow Truck)
"Lizi" 4.2 V8i Discovery, Gone but not forgotten.
"Kate" 1985 Ninety 4.2 V8 Auto, Stainless exhaust, Ashcroft Tunnel, Mud console, Polmar Venus CB, HD Steering bars, Terrafirma Steering damper, D44 Winch Bumper, Superwinch EP9.5, Superwinch Wireless controls, QT Diff Guards. 'More toys to come'

Vorsprung Duch Ducktape. My website Searle Safari Info source.

Offline Fuddy as muck

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 21:35:55 »
Quote from: "defenderdan"
Series axles are quite a bit narrower than 90 axles therefore if you put defender arches on your disco steels are going to look lost, and dare i say it - a bit daft. I'm with mark on this, leave it looking like a nice series motor not a wannabe 90.

:lol: I'm not going for the 90 look i was just wondering if they would fit. The Landy is just a toy to clear crap from the house i'm renovating and to have a bit of fun with my son at weekends. Thanks for the info though mate :D

Darren

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal