AuthorTopic: Dastek powerplug  (Read 370 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Dastek powerplug
« on: September 01, 2006, 18:43:30 »
Anyone else got one on their Td5 ?

I bought one some 4 years back for my previous D2 (manual), and it worked a treat, then I changed to the 03 auto I have now, got the Dastek remapped by the original supplier and things went all Pete Tong - the idle speed fluctuated, the autobox couldn't decide which gear it wanted to be in, and performance was cr4p to say the least. Anyhow, Dastek agreed to check the unit out, and some 24 months later (I'm an idle bu&&er sometimes) I got around to sending the box off up to their UK office in Fife, it came back with a note saying that they'd remapped it for the facelifted Td5, and I'm a very happy boy again  :twisted:

Even managed to light up the back end coming round a roundabout on the way home tonight (no other cars about, and had the Killers 'Hot Fuss' CD on warp factor 10).

I have been contemplating trading the Disco in for something a bit quicker (Octavia vRS ideally), but I might hang on to it now, it's quite a hoot seeing the looks on chavs faces as you blow them away at the lights  :lol:

Hopefully, my right foot will ease off a bit, and the extra torque might save a bit of fuel - well that's my theory  :wink:
Jim

TDV6 HSE D3
Defender 110 Td5 Hard top, BFG MT's, and no EGR either

http://www.hertfordshire4x4response.net

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal