AuthorTopic: V8 dizzy needed ?  (Read 339 times)

Offline burgerman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
V8 dizzy needed ?
« on: August 27, 2006, 21:19:03 »
Howdy all , the continuing saga of my non starting/sparking disco continues   :?               I think( at the moment) i have traced it down to a faulty pick up coil inside the dizzy, How did i come to this conclusion you may(or may not) ask-----   after doing lots of swapping over and checking of items such as - dizzy cap,arm,leads, coil, ignition sensor,ect,      by connecting the voltmeter between the battery positive terminal and the coil negative terminal, with the ignition off, zero volts should be obtained. with ignition on, the reading should still be zero. whilst cranking the engine the voltage should increase.   I have 12 volts with no ignition and and zero volts with ignition on, this "aparrantly" points it towards the ignition amplifier( already changed for a known working one) or the the pick up coil inside the dizzy Note- the ohms reading from the two wires into the dizzy is also incorrect,      so does any one have a dizzy i could try/blag/buy ??  its a 1991 3.5 inj disco, blue cap and the amplifier bolts onto the side of the dizzy

Of course if all my tests and workings are incorrect    ](*,)  i shall welcome any input
TD5 with a few Tweaks ;o)
a bit more fuel friendly than the V8

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
V8 dizzy needed ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:01:25 »
Shame you aren't nearer, I have a goosed one you could try, I think the coil inside was ok.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal