AuthorTopic: wires wires wires wvery where.  (Read 637 times)

Offline muddydigger

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
wires wires wires wvery where.
« on: August 19, 2006, 09:56:28 »
Ok guys and gals ive got the old out and the new in. the engine sitting in place and gennerally iv conected most of it up. i have howeverm got wo wires im not  to sure where they go. The wires are white and gray, and are in a plug in type conector. Thet are running of the same part of the loom that earthe the main loom on the engine block passenger side. What do they conect to?? Also the engine had no oxygen sensors on it but im asured the car ran with ou them but i note that when reading through the manuall it says the computer makes use of a speed transducer which wasnt supplied, as i have a manuall cable speedo, so does the ecu need it to run or not. The engine and ecu came out of a 1990 Range Rover.

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
wires wires wires wvery where.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:48:19 »
Can't tell yo about the first bit, I'd have to see it to figure out what you mean.

Oxegen sensors, it will run without them but think there is a fault.  Change the tune select resistor for the earlier one and the ECU won't expect to see the sensor, you can also run with more advance i think, unless it's a different dizzy.

Speed transducer, later EFi had an electronic speedo driven by a sensor near, not on, the gearbox.  Also connects to cruise control and EAS.

it's driven by a very short speedo cable, about a foot long and fastened to the N/S gearbox mount.

GOOD NEWS, for a few months at least RRC were built with the sensor fitted but mechanical speedo so you can buy a cable to go from the front of the sensor (it screws off) to the spedo head, thus the ECU knows how fast your are going and the old speedo still works.

If you want to make your brains hurt try wiring up an electronic speedo into your car :(mad):
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal