AuthorTopic: Vitara hi idle prob??  (Read 743 times)

Offline Steve8978

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Vitara hi idle prob??
« on: August 09, 2006, 19:01:35 »
A up guys anyone have any idea what i can do with this prob look's like its the sencer in the water jacket of the carb.(Can i get a new one ??) It will all start ok come off choke no worrys until you drive it. From one stop to the next it might be running sweet as and then the next stop idle is high as if choke is still on
???????? sometimes a quick flick of the pedal will knock it off and the idle will return to normal? but sometimes not ? sometimes reving it flat out will sort it sometimes not  :cry:  :(  is there a quick cheap fix for this? have tryed unpluging most bits still no affect, looked at getting better carb i.e webber or nikki no joy ? can't find any where which sell's any .help please got mot soon and if it's not sorted might fail :(

Offline Paul.K/LuckyTrucker

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Vitara hi idle prob??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 20:26:40 »
Hi there, is it a carb model? If so I expect the carb is shot. You might be able to make adjustments or change something but I bet it is shot. The easy way out is convert it to a Webber Carb, these are a fine carb if you are not off roading but if you do then the Webber does not work well when going up steep climbs but works well on the road.
www.tv4x4.co.uk
Cheers LuckyTrucker

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal