AuthorTopic: dream trip  (Read 2872 times)

Offline boycarp

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
dream trip
« on: August 08, 2006, 22:09:36 »
hi my fiancee has said as a treat we can go on a trip to the Alps or Pyrenees for part of our honeymoon (luck i know, didin't even have the idea in my head) anyway anyone ever been on any of the organised trips and have any of you come across any web sites coz i'm struggling to find any more than a couple

cheers
Jayson

Offline TimM

Attack Member
    • Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
  • Referrals: 1
dream trip
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 22:13:48 »
A few on here did a trip to the Alps last year, hold on a while and one of them will soon spot you  :wink:
Tim
1995 Discovery 300TDi ES Manual (Dave)
2009 Range Rover TDV8

In the area? Notts / Derbys / S.Yorks Pub Meet click here

Offline boycarp

Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 22:27:30 »
cheers, can't wait  :evil:
Jayson

Offline simdeb

Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 23:11:29 »
hi
we wemt to the alps with atlas overland, [it has since been took over by the guide that took us round and he was very good] there was some self navigating between camping [not expected but was fun all the same]

http://www.atlasoverland.com/

we went for 2 weeks and for 6 of us it cost £1500.  we enjoyed it but it was hard going put the tent up every 1to2 nights. we would recommend it  but there was a lot of travelling the green laning is not like here, but the scenery was outstanding and will stay with us for a very long time. on the trip we met gords too after 'talking via mud club' we also went with arightpest. some one else went too but their name iludes me [i have had a couple glasses of bailys]
if you want to look at some photos you can see some here!
http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/simdeb/gallery/TheAlps
if you want any more info dont be afraid to ask

simon and debbie
sorry for some reason the link won't work  :oops:  :oops: must be me not done it before just use the photo link
EDIT: Fixed it!
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 18:48:29 »
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Offline boycarp

Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 19:03:51 »
thanks fro the replys have been looking at atlasoverland they do look really good for the money

just got to deside if it's gonna be the les alps or le pyrenees
Jayson

Offline simdeb

Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 21:35:54 »
on talking to them last year you don't get much free time, and you need to uproot every day so recamp every day, after a few times it can feel a bit much specialy if your gears a little damp! but it does sound really good though!  either way you should have a great time which ever you pick.
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline boycarp

Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 22:13:44 »
getting a roof tent so hopfully setting up the tent every night should be pretty painless
Jayson

Offline David santana

Attack Member
Pyrenees
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 22:36:39 »
Going to Andorra in on the 15 th September with http://www.uklandroverevents.com/ have a look. :)

Offline tonka toy

Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 21:43:28 »
simon

is the mk2 disco in your pictures my friend john who i have just been to scotlsnd with ?

neil

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
dream trip
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 17:37:31 »
We went with atlas to the alps this summer (check photos in gallery, there are 3 galleries) and would recommend it. 2nd full day in france was a little wearing as it is a 350 mile drive (our one ten is 23 years old).

Peter the guide is good and is very friendly but refuses to have a CB in his car which is a bit of a bind but a fair few others had them and they did prove very usfull for calling out turns and such.

Views were stunning and you could do as little or as much off roading as you wanted. Only one bit was sort of compulsary (the bit of hannibals trail over the border) but that was more 'interesting' than hard.

Campsites were generaly good with the exception of the Italian one but apparently it is the only one in the area so there is little choice.

We were given the option of self navigation but no one in the group took up the offer.

Whilst on the journey down to the Alps the camping was for one night only but once there it was 2 or 3 night stop overs then back to one nighters on the trip back to northern france.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal