AuthorTopic: Upgrading SIIA to V8 - Which brakes & power steering?  (Read 827 times)

Offline steve_h

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Upgrading SIIA to V8 - Which brakes & power steering?
« on: July 26, 2006, 14:25:12 »
I'm swapping my tired 4-pot for a V8 as part of a forthcoming rebuild and was planning on upgrading the brakes and fitting power steering. I already have a stage-1 front axle and I could just keep the big drums on that but I wondered if anyone had done disk conversions with these axles perhaps using rangerover parts? Is there any commonality between the hubs/stub axles, swivels & CV's etc between the stage-1 and an equivalent age rangrover axle?

With power steering are there any alternatives to chopping the front x-member and fitting a LR/RR/Disco PAS box? or has anyone done this mod that can advise and give details?

Thanks in anticipation...

Steve.
300Tdi Disco - K30 MUD
Lifted 2" with Britpart & Procomp
265/75 Cooper STT Muds
steering guard and modified bumper

Offline cstokes

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Upgrading SIIA to V8 - Which brakes & power steering?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 23:05:23 »
Firstlly i can tell you that there is no common parts on the range roves axles, you would have to modify all the steering links, halfshafts and all sorts. easier to by a kit from many diffeant suppliers or fit range rover axles buty the later is not that easy.

Am in the process of fitting power steering to my series, it is quite straight forward. I have completed most of it you can see it in my gallery under series rebuild, for some information and location.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal