AuthorTopic: stolen land rover?  (Read 750 times)

AbyssDJ

stolen land rover?
« on: July 24, 2006, 14:07:08 »
as posted by my other half on LRUK:

Right when we went laning with james near billing there were lots of what looked like abandoned cars.... One of them was a 90..... Now wether it had been nicked and just left there or what i don't know but it was partly parked in a bush anyhow.

The reg was: KN03 VNH

i was up a lane that joins onto the santa pod raceway. If anyone knows anything????

it looked well cared for, had a hilift fixed above the rear door, etc. could have been someone sleeping in it, but it looked too ditched for that, to me!

Offline thumbs

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
stolen land rover?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 18:25:26 »
their is a lot of scrap yards just before pod, some times you do get good cars inamongst the junk, ive seen qiuet a ew trickked up modded stuff including landrovers their, not to say whether it is legal or not though
thumbs

v8 landrover hybrid - is mad fun!

Offline MrTFWitt

Attack Member
stolen land rover?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 14:06:27 »
Its taxed until the end of Sep this year.

DVLA site shows its a Blue 2500 using "Heavy Oil" as a fuel

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/ (use the vehicle enquiry)
Watch out theres a tigger about!

AbyssDJ

stolen land rover?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 14:36:46 »
it has been reported to the police, when they eventually worked out the difference between their arse and their elbow.

aparently it isnt showing up as stolen, but they will contact the owner to make sure it was supposed to be there

AbyssDJ

stolen land rover?
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 14:42:10 »
also as posted on LRUK by steve@offroadin:

Hope it wasnt anyone here but 3 or 4 landys managed to p1ss off alot of people at bug jam at santapod on saturday by doing doughnuts and generally arsing around in the post downpour mud IN THE FAMILY CAMPING AREA!! I doubt anyone here would be that stupid but they did 4x4 owners in general no favours

that to me (and others) could result in putting 2 and 2 together and resulting in 4.. maybe the landies were nicked and then used for a "bit of a laugh", then ditched?

Offline minty

Attack Member
  • M6NTY
    • Wellingborough
landy
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 20:35:51 »
hi bud the 90 you talk about i think belongs to big top marques ? (tents) that is a company 2 doors down from pod thay have littel units scatterd around the pod site hope this puts you at easy, :wink:  by the way was it yourself who came thro pod whirle bug jam on and missed the 40 foot turning and stopped at the main gate for dircetions from the security staff if so that was me

AbyssDJ

stolen land rover?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 21:13:34 »
im not sure if we missed a turn or not, we just followed what the other security dudes said :)

keri says she thinks we might have missed the turn, but yeah we did stop at the main gate... would have been about 1am for a guess? there was me and keri in our blue defender 110, and jjsaul in his white rangie behind :)

if it was you, very nice to meet ya! :D we were really chuffed with the santapod security, all really polite and helpful :)

ps. the 90 had something on the side, cant remember exactly but i think it was "something designs". hope its a cared landy for and not been nicked

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal