AuthorTopic: wiring up fan relays help please  (Read 474 times)

Offline burgerman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
wiring up fan relays help please
« on: July 18, 2006, 21:12:28 »
Hi to all,   please help me in my hour of need--------------  just replaced my unreliable adjustable fan switch ( the type that you place the copper tube/sender in the top hose)     replaced with an alloy housing which involve cutting the top hose and placing inbetween the sections, it has a screw in sender unit which has two spade terminals on it            

So to the question------- how is it wired up??   wishing to use a relay as  it runs two electric fans,   please could some body give me clear n simple instructions on how to do it??    some body said the switch maybe a switched earth????   im not dumb i just dont do vehicle electrics , spanners are fine though,  so if possible what wires go to what terminals(30,80, 86, ect) or if any body wishes to assist i can keep them supplied with ice creams, and probally a few beers  to take home also???   sadly i must complete tomorrow as of to the pilgrimage to billing early thursday        many thanks for any help[/b]
TD5 with a few Tweaks ;o)
a bit more fuel friendly than the V8

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 21:19:23 »
fused wire from battery to term 30 then from term 87 to the fans.
ignition live wire from an ignition source to the switch on the housing then from the switch to term 86 on the relay
term 85 to earth

it depends on how the switch works on the housing but if it works by being closed when the temp gets up then the relay should be switched on and then in turn it switches the fans on
just make sure the relay is up to running the load of the fans running together
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline burgerman

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 21:26:18 »
what a star !!!!!!!!!!!  welldone i shall be out ther at crack o sparrows to get it sorted,  many thanks

Offline burgerman

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 09:12:03 »
:(biggrin):         all done n working a treat, many thanks for your help,      with the new sender the fans seem to come on for less time, which  ican only be a good thing,  the old set up used to stay on for 3-4 minutes, but took her for a good "run" and parked up n the fans kept cutting in n out as needed whilst the temp was perfect,     cheers for the assistance

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal