AuthorTopic: 4x4 owners in trouble again!!  (Read 651 times)

Offline grunty

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
4x4 owners in trouble again!!
« on: June 30, 2006, 23:04:44 »
I have just read the motoring section of my local rag and it says there was a monitoring site set up in london recording people while driving and 4x4 owners were found to be 4 x more likly to be on their mobiles or to be not wearing a seatbelt!!

how much [PooPoo] do we get ?

The fact I rarely wear a belt or on the odd occasion I answer my phone has nowt to do with my Landy, or did I always wear a belt until a few weeks ago when I became that most anti social, world destroying of all people, a 4x4 driver :shock: despite the fact I run on carbon neutral fuel, have wind and solar power at home, walk to work, recycle all I can and only put out a light black bag once a week with 2 kids at home:?

What will we be guilty of next :?:  

Hmph
Al

Offline rangerider

Attack Member
Re: 4x4 owners in trouble again!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 23:13:41 »
Quote from: "grunty"

Hmph
Al

Existing?

Maybe after "doing" the lake district we should "do" london, there are some good comments on 4x4s in the city on http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/C2314

One group trying to ban 4x4 from urban areas, another already succeded in many respects in banning them from rural areas, Im not paranoid but it sure seems like a conspiracy :)
Hela - Disco 200TDi, Still stock for now but watch this space.......
+ 1 battlescar

I lurv the smell of mud in the mornin'

Offline schuee

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 23:14:32 »

Hmph
Al

Probably the next thing will be " 4x4 drivers monitored for FARTING more than than normal car drivers"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers

Schuee

Offline Rangie3.0LtrDan

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 23:22:46 »
Look, i know i have a problem with wind but there was no need for that comment, its nothing to do with 4x4's its to do with me eating too much junk food!! why cant they try to ban something that needs banning, say like mcdonalds!!!!!

ha!
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.

1982 Range Rover 3.0Ltr Turbo Diesel - Redun

Offline schuee

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 23:29:31 »
You cannot ban McDonalds, its a national instititution or on the other hand it sounds a very good idea  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Prefer KFC over CrapDonalds anyday  :)

Schuee

Offline denviks

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 23:29:57 »
my misses told me about this the other day.....my first reaction was to laugh loud...... then i realised it was true  :shock: ...what a complete bunch of ill informed..........people.  :roll:  better not say it.  havent they got anything better to do than take a sly pop at us???

i still see loads of people driving and using their phones during the day....most of them are young people in corsa's ect or older men in flashy cars wearing a suit. i know im genralising now but its an observation.

but no we take it again......makes me angry  :evil:
cheers
dennis
more moves than a dad in a disco!!!!!!!!!!

im always @ www.plcuk.co.uk

Offline schuee

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 23:33:59 »
I have warned my mate at work, he's a big fisherman, that it will be his bunch they come after next.

Schuee

Offline Elmo

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 02:34:47 »
All 4x4 drivers are known paedophiles and stamp collectors, it's fact, I saw it in the Sport ;)
H19 MJO - 200 Tdi "Elmo" still and always a "work in progress" ;)
C312 GVX - 110 CSW "Bessie" My latest victim - at last a proper Land Rover

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 03:58:35 »
You look at the sport for stamp collectors :shock:  :shock:  :D
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Edge

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 11:50:35 »
I have just read the motoring section of my local rag and it says there was a monitoring site set up in london recording people while driving and 4x4 owners were found to be 4 x more likly to be on their mobiles or to be not wearing a seatbelt!!

how much PooPoo do we get ?

The fact I rarely wear a belt or on the odd occasion I answer my phone has nowt to do with my Landy, or did I always wear a belt until a few weeks ago when I became that most anti social, world destroying of all people, a 4x4 driver :shock: despite the fact I run on carbon neutral fuel, have wind and solar power at home, walk to work, recycle all I can and only put out a light black bag once a week with 2 kids at home:?

Hmph
Al

The statistics suggest 1 in 6 4x4 drivers dont wear seat belts :shock: .

Obviously the figures have been adjusted/doctored against the 4x4 owner :evil: .

If you don't put your seat belt on in a modern car (inc 4x4's)... warning lights flash.... alarms beep etc.

Sad thing is the general public wont think of the annoying beeps/flashes and how no-one (unless theyre deaf/blind) could put up with not wearing a seat belt.

They must have just done the figures on antique 4x4's like mine :wink:

Offline goblin

Attack Member
Rant
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 14:51:17 »
ok hold my hands up ! i dont wear a seat belt when im driving my disco, but i dont wear it in my van or my car either :? i dont answer my phone when im driving if it is that important it has answer phone ! i live in london there for i should drive a smart car or take public transport but i must be wierd or deranged because i like 4x4s suppose people will start pointing at me in the street next.  imho i think red ken has a lot to do with it if you do not conform with his idealistic ways we are wrong !!  :evil:
if it aint broke, then it just needs to be fiddled with !!

Offline diesel_90

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 19:22:06 »
i find the report suprising. i know lots of landy owners that have upgraded their seatbelts to 4 point harnesess. how many corsas or astras have 4 poiunts? :wink:
NO HILL TO STEEP, NO DITCH TO DEEP
FOR THE ALMIGHTY BIG BLUE 90

[size=19]HEAVEN IS A SOGGY FIELD[/size]

OFFROADERS ARE BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 19:30:55 »
Well just to make sure the statistics were fair and unbiased they monitored traffic at TWO point in Hamersmith, not just the one.

Really pisses me of, about as much as football in fact, how everything revolves around that huge open sespit stuck somewhere in the south of the country.  Maybe if they had monitored traffic on a road where it actually moves the results would not have suited the arguament they wished to put.  Maybe it was just too far from the SU bar to go any further.
Basically it's a bunch of students looking for a bandwagon to jump on to save them having to do some real work.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

att

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 19:33:35 »
I am not suprised by the survey, purely because 4X4 owners have a lot more going on in their lives than the average car driver clone.
More business people will have 4X4`s, thus the need to communicate.
People who are successful do not become successful without communicating an awful lot.

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 19:40:12 »
The actual figures show less than 10% fall into the catagory of 4x4 driver, so although there are physically less 4x4 being driven by people on the 'phone, that doesn't matter.  Lies, bludy lies and statistics.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline MrTFWitt

Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 21:09:08 »
It would be nice to know how many of the non seatbelt wearing cars were actually muddy.
I assume the offenders were photographed and prosecuted to support this allegation ?
Watch out theres a tigger about!

Edge

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 21:17:11 »
Quote from: "MrTFWitt"
I assume the offenders were photographed and prosecuted to support this allegation ?

Idoubt it.......but they should have been.

"Can't pay the fine?......Don't do the crime!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal