AuthorTopic: range rover engine bay  (Read 613 times)

Offline disco-v8

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
range rover engine bay
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:49:40 »
any chance of someone posting some pictures of there engine bay near there exhaust manifolds????

i can get some tubular manifolds but there for a range rover, and i need to see if they will fit my disco

hope someone can help

cheers
I LOVE MUD!!!!!! but my engine doesnt

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
range rover engine bay
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 13:40:11 »
The bit where they will foul is against the chassis on the RHS IIRC despite there being more room the manifold has to clear the starter, which will get exessively hot if you don't either wrap it or the exhausts.  The LHS I had to lift the engine off the mounts to get in at all, again be carefull about the exhausts heating the clutch mech.  Your inner wings are the same as a RRC and the chassis is exactly the same.

I'd recomend using studs into the head as there is precious little room to get bolts in unless you put them all through the manifoild before you offer it to the head.  Studs prevent you stipping threads in the head too.  Loctite them in.

The bit that may cause a probelm is the chassic crossmember, there are different ones on earlier 3.5 EFi to the later 3.9 EFi.  The bore of the exhaust was increased and the exhaust was re-routed below the crossmamber which itself was made of cheaper round tube rather than the earlier square box.  These are interchangeable if you drill 2 holes in the member.

Personally I opted for the earlier member as it protects the exhaust more off-road.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal