AuthorTopic: Bent protective plates - easy to replace?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline zebidee

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Bent protective plates - easy to replace?
« on: June 19, 2006, 11:12:12 »
SWMBO got me a BYO school session at Strathmiglo in Fife to let me learn a bit about what the Trooper can actually handle.

Had a fantastic day on Wednesday - the instructor Derek had previously worked with Troopers at Knockhill's offroad course and was well keen on seeing how one handled the Strathmiglo course.

Pretty much everything was handled with a bit of care to ensure suitable ground clearance - since the Trooper's diff's in the centre. Well impressed with it's climbing and descending capabilities - with a bit of a lift it'd easily take on the landies any day I reckon.

Unfortunately on the last section we both mis-judged the depth of the ruts left behind by the nasty green-ovaled machines and ended up ploughing up part of the trail using the two front skid plates under the body.

The front plate's plastic and now has a tear across it whereas the second one is pretty thick steel plate and now has a ridge in it front to rear.

They both appear to be just be bolted on - so my question is - how straight-forward is it to replace these? They look pretty simple. Any gotchas I should be aware of?

I'll try to take some pics this evening & post them.

Cheers,

Dg.
----
Discovery 3 TDV6 XS
Isuzu Trooper 3.0 TD

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Bent protective plates - easy to replace?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 19:40:20 »
Without looking, I think the metal guard is held on by 2 bolts in the front at the top near the plastic 'bumper'
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal