AuthorTopic: How hard?  (Read 992 times)

Offline bezzabsa

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • I'm BACK..possibly..LOL
  • Referrals: 0
How hard?
« on: June 14, 2006, 21:37:28 »
is it to remove the
Seatbox (in one piece)
Transmission tunnel
Front wings
may sound stoopid questions, but ive only ever removed them to scrap them, not reuse - like i want to now!!
saetbox is in perfect nick on mine, but on the 109 it has cloth seats that have been raised slighlty, which suit me better..but the previous owner welded them in place!!
Same with the trans tunnel - nowt wrong with mine, but as im robbing the overdrive rather than cut a hole in minbe i may as well use the one that already has a hole in it.
Front wings?? well as i have never removed one I 'd like to know how many bolts and whats can i leave attatched and what must be taken off..
cheers
Be afraid. Be very afraid
YAM YAM SQUAD
Life's a journey - so remember to pay FULL fare!

muddy_90

How hard?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 21:50:18 »
i think theres 8 bolts holding the wing to the front panel, one on the top by the bulkhead, 5 down the side holding it to the bulk head, 4 holding the mud sheild to the foot well, and two holding the mud sheild to the steering box mount.

matt

Offline rustprooflandyracer

Attack Member
How hard?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:04:29 »
Just depends how rusty they are... The only problem I incountered was the 4 bolts that screw into the bulkhead are tricky to get to, so just used an extender bar on a rachet.
Matt

Land Rover 1983 88'' CSW, CP Parabolics (3 leaf rears), Recon Turner 2 1/4 diesel, BFG Mud terrains on silver mods (235/85/r16), Galvanised chassis, Midland CB fitted, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, Light Bar. Full NAS Lights, Powerflow Exhaust, Twin Hiclones... and some!

Disco 300TDI - BFG AT's, Light Bar... Work in progress!

Offline philbert

Attack Member
How hard?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:29:36 »
just took my floor and seatbox out to replace a gearbox.
44 years worth of corrosion meant i had to use the grinder a lot to remove all the bolts.
it's easy enough just basic nuts and bolts stuff but time consuming if there all rusted solid!  :lol:

Offline ian_s

Attack Member
How hard?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 12:20:50 »
i've had my seatbox in and out loads of times
its not hard to do, but the bolts along the back edge might be hard to do if the seats are welded in place!
series 3 - 200tdi
Discovery V8

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal