AuthorTopic: West country and wales outing.  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Cassillis

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
West country and wales outing.
« on: May 29, 2006, 16:31:58 »
Okay, here’s the deal. I recently posted about lifting my 90. The replies were very helpful indeed and pointed me in the right direction for my use of the vehicle.
Whilst researching the lifting of ‘The Blue Pig’ I established that most of the bushes were shot, I think they were the originals as they were all the metalastic (spelling) type, and the old girl was sagging to the right. Hardly surprising at 106,000 miles and my svelte frame pounding the hell out of her! Two UJ’s were on the way out and a set of front pads were needed.  So, a set of heavy duty springs, dampers, polybush kit, two UJ’s and pads plus two days of grunting and swearing later she is now back in fine form and running as sweet as a nut. Decided to give her a run out yesterday with no fixed plan other than to head south west.  
300+ miles followed. Bucks to Stone Henge,  we stopped for lunch on a lane near some bronze age burial mounds opposite the henge.  Wookey Hole, Cheddar Gorge, and then Brean Sands followed. I was drawn to Brean after seeing the picture at the bottom of page 20 in June’s issue of LRO, glad your Okay mate, couldn’t see your Rangie I’m afraid.
The kids then wanted to go over the bridge to Wales, so off we went into Wales, looking for a hotel for the night by now.
Chepstow then Monmouth (Anyone know what was happening in Monmouth yesterday evening? The fire brigade and police were all out in force looking into the river at the end of town as if someone or something had gone in. Then on to Tintern, Ross-on Wye and finally Gloucester. Not one hotel I managed to find had any vacancies or was willing to take the dogs. I had my bivvy bag and basha in the back along with blankets and water etc but the other half and kids weren’t too keen unsurprisingly.
We got home at about midnight after stopping for a meal somewhere in the Cotswolds, tired but happy.
Off to North Norfolk tomorrow, Dersingham, Hunstanton then down the coast to some of my old stomping grounds in Suffolk from back in the late 60’s early 70’s
Isn’t the Peddars way up there somewhere?
So if you see ‘The Blue Pig’ on the road give us a wave, I haven’t seen another obvious club member on the road yet.
Graeme
Avise~La~Fin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal