AuthorTopic: Is this a good price?  (Read 746 times)

marjan

Is this a good price?
« on: May 28, 2006, 07:28:37 »
Is this a good price Guys?

1997 P Reg, JLX SE 3 door Vitara (hard top), 87,000 miles, in Excellent condition with tiny bit of rust on 2 arches for £875.

Looking for my nice project as the Samurai is killing my back with the hard ride.

It's the carb model, are these OK?.

Also are the Vitara's easy enough to lift?.

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Is this a good price?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 10:42:11 »
We paid just under four hundred for :

1.6 K reg card JLX sot top with a small amount of rust round the screen. She needed a new exhaust urgently but otherwise nothing desperate was wrong. 82K

Dont expect the ride to be much better :) I'd be interested in knowing what lift I can get on the suspention without going mad, even another " would probobly help.

Biggest things we have run into is that the ignition system as it stands is very hydrophobic. Took a lot of waterprrofing to make it behave. Just time and attention to which bits you get rather than expese. She ran like a complete dog when we got her, new plugs, leads, rotor, cap, air filter, oil and oil filter sorted that out though.

Take the heatsheild of the exhaust manifold and check you dont have a huge crak in it, seen this on every one I've looked at so far. Theres no flex in the exhaust till after the fist silencer so if you ding that it seems to break the manifold.

Got a Snorkel on her and it'll deal with rivers quite hapilly once waterproofed, look at my gallery.

Oh, and the clutch cable leaks where it comes through the bulkhead, so if you see water... :)
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

marjan

Is this a good price?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 12:44:16 »
Bought it today for £800, superb condition and runs like a dream, came back from Birmingham at 80/85 mph all the way!!.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal