AuthorTopic: 4x4 emergency support network (North West)  (Read 332 times)

Offline woody

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
4x4 emergency support network (North West)
« on: May 20, 2006, 09:32:24 »
i recently posted o behalf of the 4x4 emergency network (North West)

original post

as this is such a good cause i am posting again
we are part of a national group national 4x4 response network

if anyone in the North West is interested please go to the forum North West Area please join and go to the post and introduce yourself , not forgeting to mention your location and where you saw this post  :wink:

at this time unless we can get enough interest we cannot go active

thanks
Dave
Never underestimate the power of a sick mind !!!!
What would scooby doo!!!!
remember if you camp next to the toilets you get to meet everybody at least once over the weekend
R reg Discovery 300tdi  NAMED: Scooby Doo !

Offline woody

Attack Member
from another forum
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 12:49:43 »
Quote from: "mrsjohnty"
Having looked at the web site and the aims of it, it all looks very complicated and possibly expensive? Could you tell us a little more about it in laymens terms so that we know what would be involved and what equipment etc. we would need own or purchase to be a part of it?
I dont want to put a downer on it cos it does sound like a really good idea although as Drum pointed out most of us on here are more north east than north west.
Thanks  :D

sorry if the answer is a bit vague but

i assume that there will be a cost to members as most groups, clubs, organisations need funding. though funding can be from other sources including grants and fund raising by members and donations from industry.

as for training as an organisation and part of a national group i would hope to gain sizeable discounts in any training that takes place
as for equipment i dont even own a tow rope, but i know most land rover owners are well equipped for off roading and its not possible to prepare for every situation

the first concern is to become active to do this we need members then we can organise funraising, training and securing links with emergency services organisations and councills in the area

Hopefully all questions will hopefully be answered atour first meeting

the web site for the national organisation is http://www.4x4response.net/

i believe one area group is in the process of recieving charitable status
remember if you camp next to the toilets you get to meet everybody at least once over the weekend

Offline ibruceuk

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 22:38:35 »
Hi,

I just registered on that forum.  I am really keen to get involved, I always think that if/when I'm in a pickle people always help me out and I like to return the favour.  If someone needs help and I can offer it, I'm more than happy to do all I can.

It seems a bit disorganised though at the moment, I think it needs some sort of kick to get it going..... <--- Just my opinion..
Kooga - 1993 Disco 1 3.5 Efi on LPG
-----
Ewok - 1989 Range Rover 3.9 (Expired....)
Suzy - 1993 Vitara - (Ooooopsss at Briercliffe!)

Offline woody

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:30:57 »
hi
thanks for regestering
disorganisation: like you i regestered in dec but due to a change in work for a min member things kinda slowed i hoped on board to help a few weeks ago and we seem to be getting back on track and organise ameeting to organise comitte funds and training etc

and its always nice to do something positive thats related to 4x4's

me and the wife organise a charity easter egg run for bikers to show the positive sibe of motorcycling its hard but rewarding 8)  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal